advertisement

Souce/ID for old and small main connector?

bugbear

pfm Member
I have a much neglected Farfisa Professional 221 combo organ. I want to see if it still works (unlikely after 30 years in a damp garage, I feel pretty guilty about this).

http://www.combo-organ.com/Farfisa/Professional/index.htm

But I've lost the power lead. The socket on the organ is a weird little Bulgin branded thing.

bulgin by plybench, on Flickr

(Ruler is in 1/8" increments)

The diameter of the hole is around 14.5mm and one pin (likely the earth) is longer. I can find references to 22mm bulgin 3 pin, but not ones this small. Any recognise it, know of a source. The organ was made from 1968-1975 (ish)

BugBear

Looks like a standard mini-Bulgin as used on the Quad 303 etc, plenty available on eBay e.g. here.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Duly ordered, thanks to all for the help.

BugBear (hoping he hasn't wrecked something old and nice)

Yes.
Earth is the long pin.
''Live is Left'' of the pimple.
Neutral is right of the pimple.

(You may find the letters L.E.N inscribed on older plugs.)
Alan

24lk093.jpg

I strongly suspect the organ will have "issues", so I'm essentially just working towards an accurate and honest description for when I sell it to someone who can give it more care than I have.

I always wanted "The Hammond Sound", and when I could finally own an actual Hammond (L122, eventually C3) the Farfisa became redundant.

BugBear

Same layout as a 13 Amp plug / socket is a good way to remember it.

Err? I think you might want to clarify that...

I strongly suspect the organ will have "issues", so I'm essentially just working towards an accurate and honest description for when I sell it to someone who can give it more care than I have.

I always wanted "The Hammond Sound", and when I could finally own an actual Hammond (L122, eventually C3) the Farfisa became redundant.

BugBear

Use a ''bulb tester'' for your first try out maybe?

Yes we agree that is a 'male' connector, but Mr. Bug is talking about wiring the 'female' connector which of course is the reverse: Live on Left and Neutral on Right...

Yes we agree that is a 'male' connector, but Mr. Bug is talking about wiring the 'female' connector which of course is the reverse: Live on Left and Neutral on Right...

I`m sure Mr Bug is aware of the difference between a plug and a socket, be they cable or chassis mounted.

I just find the 13 Amp plug analogy handy - it works with the big blue industrial connectors as well.

I think the "pin" conversation is very much confused by the fact the chassis "fitting" (which would probably normally be called "female") has the male pins. Thus rendering the terms "male", "female", "plug", "socket" horribly unclear.

Fortunately the photograph Al provided is perfectly clear.

BugBear

advertisement

Back