advertisement

Sorting out photos....

wiresandmore

pfm Member
Hi,

First post in this part of PFM!

I have a huge library dating back 15+ years of digital pics, mainly from phones but a small number from digital cameras too.

Due to the different devices which took them, they are in all kinds of formats and different file tags.

With the enforced "work from home" set up I have now for what I think will be a while, I would love to sort these out, minimally into years but preferably month too - anything more than that (e.g. theme/people in the shot) would be a bonus.

What software can/should I use to do this? Clearly I could do manually but I'd prefer not to!

Advice welcome :)

Google Photos might be your best option. I think it has facial recognition.
You can create albums and a photo can be "tagged" to different albums.
Each album can be shared or not with other members of the family and friends.
It's free and storage unlimited.

What I do with negatives and prints is file them away in chronological order, writing on the folders of negatives roughly what is inside, and the same on boxes of prints. This goes back 40-odd years, through thousands of photographs, and so far I've always found what I was looking for. With digital material I have no experience, but would probably do the same thing and keep it as simple as possible without any cross-reference complications.

advertisement

Back