advertisement

Sony Walkman Professional Servicing

steve6080

pfm Member
My Walkman Professional is suddenly sounding muffled -- poor thing -- does anyone know of service outfit who could provide a little TLC. I've looked in some of the older threads but links etc seem to lead to non-existant sites.
Thanks for help
Steve

My Walkman Professional is suddenly sounding muffled -- poor thing -- does anyone know of service outfit who could provide a little TLC. I've looked in some of the older threads but links etc seem to lead to non-existant sites.
Thanks for help
Steve

Could it be that the azimuth needs adjusting ?

Geoff.

more likely that the head has had a knock

the azimuth adjustment screws are well varnished on the wmd6c.

biggest deal is capstan flywheel adjustment, which is crucial to the performance and reliability of the deck.

might just want a really good clean!

Any ideas how much one of these in perfect condition is worth, and where the best place to sell it might be? I have one, virtually unused, leather case etc.

as an antique it will be worth more in years to come.

right now I cant see the point in ownership.

really quite unreliable. if you want to recover old recordings you would be better with a nak.

for new recordings a compact flash machine sounds and works much better.

i suppose £100-£200 is the going rate at the mo.

My late Father's would fit the description IMHO and is missing only the power supply because my Mother has still not found it from where it was put away safe. I'm sure she could use £100 if that's what its worth.

Guys,
I'm not sure I know how to go about azimuth adjusting -- also as you point out it would be very easy to spend more that its worth just to play some old tapes. if anyone is local to north essex and could help out I'd much appreciate it.

advertisement

Back