advertisement

[FS] Sony A7 MK2 plus various lenses

24ggaarryy

pfm Member
Not getting on with mirrorless and am going back to Nikon, so the following is all up for sale. I have based the prices on various sources and the fact that all items are in mint condition and have had very little use. However, as with all things I am happy to listen to sensible offers.

I could also be interested in a nice D700 and/or a Nikon 70-300 VR A-FS or AF-P for FX not the dx versions.

OK, it’s a Sony A7II mk 2 Model number ILCE-7M2. Bought in January 2018 with a shutter count of less than 1000. Which shows how little use its actually had in that time. Its absolutely unmarked, in the original box, with the manual, paperwork, charger and an unused strap. It also has a Sony extended guarantee until January 2020.

I don’t really know why, but I just never really got on with this camera, although let me stress that its me and not the camera. The picture quality is superb and it has a vast array of functions. You can see the reviews on line.

It is small for a full frame model and very light.

£700 Body only.

I also have the following lenses all mint and in original boxes.

Zeiss sonar SEL35F28Z 35MM F2.8. Very small light prime. £400

Zeiss Vario Tessar SEL1670Z 16-70MM Zoom. Ideal “walkround” lens. £425

Sony SEL24240 Zoom. Great quality but heavier, more like a Nikon lens weight wise. £485

Zeiss Batis 1.8 85mm. Stunning but hardly used. £775

All the lens are genuine Sony E mount so benefit from image stabilisation

I appreciate that these are high value items, but I have bought and sold on the forum before and have 1000+ positive feedbacks on Ebay as 24ggaarryy. I will be happy to send photos and or more information if you PM me your details.

Is there no love for the a7 out there??

Thought someone might be interested, if you don't agree with the pricing drop me a PM , the worst that can happen is that we agree to disagree.

Thanks

Nice kit - aren’t you better off listing on eBay though? The Batis is a great lens and I’m very tempted but it will end up on the shelf and rarely get used. GLWS

Hi ,yes it’s a lovely set up, but as I said just not my thing unfortunately. It may end up on eBay as it gets great coverage, but the fees annoy me.

Might be able to help you out a bit with the batis and you know you really want it....

Drop me a pm if you want to discuss it.

Cheers.

can i ask why you are going back to Nikon? i have a canon system but i am thinking of trying out the Sony A7 because of the smaller size.

can i ask why you are going back to Nikon? i have a canon system but i am thinking of trying out the Sony A7 because of the smaller size.
Hi Philip

No problem at all, it’s actually all subjective rather that objective, and let me say first that the Sony produces superb images. However, it just never felt “right” to me. It’s small and very light but I actually prefer the heft of the nikon kit. I have actually gone right back to a D700 and am delighted with it, it’s like learning how to take pictures again without the camera doing it for you.

Having said all of that my son has a P30 pro phone which weighs nothing and takes astonishing photos , so as he says , perhaps I am just old fashioned. Not quite what he says but you get the sentiment!

I have sold some of the kit but still have the body the 35mm and the 16-70. If you are interested get in touch and I am sure we can sort out a mutually agreeable deal.

Thanks

thank you very much. I am half minded at the moment as I have rather a lot of canon lenses accumulated over the years. I take photos during classical performances and need a quiet shutter model. I used to use the Leica m6 but the new leicas are so expensive now.

Hi, yes Leica are incredibly expensive, the body may be of interest as obviously it very quiet in use and you can get canon adapters for your lenses.

advertisement

Back