advertisement

Sonos One question

JezmondTutu

pfm Member
Is two in a room much better than one? Have a voice activated One in the kitchen and was pondering about adding a second one.

It’s a fair sized room as it’s open to a conservatory.

I realise it’s not proper hifi, my previous ADM9’s got ditched when we moved house.

Thanks oh wise PFM!

There is definitely a reasonable improvement with two. Obviously soundstage is better but also just seems to cope better at optimal volumes. To really get a good sounding Sonos system I have heard reports that a sub plus 2x sonos ones gets you excellent results, but I don't think you are after a rabbit hole!

There is definitely a reasonable improvement with two. Obviously soundstage is better but also just seems to cope better at optimal volumes. To really get a good sounding Sonos system I have heard reports that a sub plus 2x sonos ones gets you excellent results, but I don't think you are after a rabbit hole!

Topsy - thanks. I may try the second one and ponder a sub!

We bought two Sonos One's for a home theater rear set up. I tried them out in a regular stereo configuration for music and was pretty underwhelmed. When used as rears with a Sonos ARC though for the TV sound they work really well, with no real need for a sub. My guess is that the sub will help here (though they are pretty pricey).

We bought two Sonos One's for a home theater rear set up. I tried them out in a regular stereo configuration for music and was pretty underwhelmed. When used as rears with a Sonos ARC though for the TV sound they work really well, with no real need for a sub. My guess is that the sub will help here (though they are pretty pricey).

The Ones are perfectly kitchen sized really so will see how they work. Interestingly, I think mine sounds far better without the room correction activated and certainly doesn’t lack bass where it is.

Quick question…
Are you planning on stereo pairing them, or just adding a 2nd one to spread the sound around a large space a bit more?
Adding a 2nd one will give you a more even spread of sound around the space, rather than having one turned up loud in one place in order to give enough volume further away.
I believe two One’s are supposed to outperform one Play3 ( although that’s an old model now) & you’d need a 5 to better two Ones.
Adding a Sub would really help things along, but they’re £700ish.

Quick question…
Are you planning on stereo pairing them, or just adding a 2nd one to spread the sound around a large space a bit more?
Adding a 2nd one will give you a more even spread of sound around the space, rather than having one turned up loud in one place in order to give enough volume further away.
I believe two One’s are supposed to outperform one Play3 ( although that’s an old model now) & you’d need a 5 to better two Ones.
Adding a Sub would really help things along, but they’re £700ish.

I don’t know - I’ll try both options! Assume there will be deals on Nov 26th but Sonos also sell refurbished Ones.

Wouldn’t hold your breath for Black Friday deals, there seems to be such a shortage of stock everywhere at the moment, I wouldn’t mind betting Black Friday is a bit of a non event this year?

advertisement

Back