advertisement

sometime, the devil is in the details : speaker jumpers...

In the UK it almost certainly will be on the same phase unless you have had a three-phase supply brought in to your premises.

John and I are both yanks here Mike w/two-phase residential wiring standard issue in the colonies;-)

To Summarize: Sounds like the OP pulled a few spare bits of DNM cable out of his toolbox and made an improvement to the sound of his system at no cost and without the need for committees to be formed for reviewing the results of extensive double-blind tests (which need to be DBT'd themselves of course), ad naseum.

Ultimately, the OP simply reacted like a normal person who experienced a positive change and shared it with (some) other (normal) folks in a hifi forum hoping it benefits fellow forum members.

Note for the normal folks here: pardon my overly, complex summary but...you understand.

Dave, being normal has nothing to do with the sport. IF, we were we'd be watching movies on a 9.1 system, listening to the wife/other half (PC) snoring..

Thanks Dave, that sums it up quite nicely. And as I have a life, I have to say that I am not coming back to the thread every 3 hours to see if there was another new idea brought to the table. ;-)

Btw, I reverted back to the naim links last night and was able to reproduce the change. But that's just me and I am humain ;-).

I would like so much to find that these details (and the trouble) are not needed in order to get satisfying sound...

Dave, being normal has nothing to do with the sport. IF, we were we'd be watching movies on a 9.1 system, listening to the wife/other half (PC) snoring..

LOL...if snoring or watching snoring in front of a TV is normal, I'm content with being abnormal. (I know a few chaps who do that...sad if you ask me)

Thanks Dave, that sums it up quite nicely. And as I have a life, I have to say that I am not coming back to the thread every 3 hours to see if there was another new idea brought to the table. ;-)

Btw, I reverted back to the naim links last night and was able to reproduce the change. But that's just me and I am humain ;-).

I would like so much to find that these details (and the trouble) are not needed in order to get satisfying sound...

I personally haven't found a system that was plug 'n play and couldn't be improved further performance-wise with some adjustments. Regardless, keep posting tips and don't let the bastards grind you down.

Discovery is all part of the fun -especially when it costs nothing like yours;-)

regards,

dave

Thanks Dave ;-) it's all about having fun and connecting with peers who share the journey. And here is quite a nice place when people try a little to bring the best of their experience, (and have a laugh doing it!)

*PFM is a great place despite the occasional thread interruptions from those hell-bent on saving the rest of us but that's diversity. It would be rather boring if everyone agreed.

*where else can you discuss whiskey, shaving, Satan, mains quality, God, whores, bangers and washing machines without changing forums?

To Summarize: Sounds like the OP pulled a few spare bits of DNM cable out of his toolbox and made an improvement to the sound of his system at no cost and without the need for committees to be formed for reviewing the results of extensive double-blind tests (which need to be DBT'd themselves of course), ad naseum.

Ultimately, the OP simply reacted like a normal person who experienced a positive change and shared it with (some) other (normal) folks in a hifi forum hoping it benefits fellow forum members.

Note for the normal folks here: pardon my overly, complex summary but...you understand.

I think that I may be in danger of not having a life. I've just read the complete postings.
I've got to agree with the above.
Good fun reading it all though.
Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.:p

I had exactly the same experience with improvement a week ago.
I was on ebay and had done a search using the word 'audiophile' mainly for records but happened to come across some silver speaker jumpers for £3 and just ordered them as they were so cheap. They are unterminated.

When I took out my old jumpers they were black at the ends (oxidation?) and one had even disentegrated as I took it out). My system had been sounding decidely lack lustre to the point where I was disppointed with the sound and I imediately got more dymanics, tighter bass, better PRAT, and the treble is a lot better too.

The guage is a lot thicker than the old Chord (not sure which model) I had been using so this may have something to do with it. I intend to replace them on a regular basis now, as I know how much the sound can be affected over time.

I'm back to the stage where I can't wait ot get home from work and put an LP on straightaway. It's not in the mind (although a lot of hi-fi tweaks can be - burning in process?) sbecause it's made a huge diference.

Cheers

advertisement

Back