advertisement

Something interesting about the new Spendor Classic 4/5

I own the P3’s and the Spendor Classic 3/1. Owned the Tab 10’s in the past. I find the P3’s more satisfying than any of them in my small room. I sold the Tab 10’s and am presently selling the Spendor’s.

Hi guys I have a question has anyone heard p3esr compared to classic 4/5?
I love p3esr basically in everything except on bass light songs I feel bass is lacking and leaves me dissatisfied.
So I'm thinking maybe I should get 4/5 as they seems to go little lower?
Another one I'm thinking about is Tablette 10.
I also have SCM7 mk3 in office and they are perfect in my opinion (with pass int-25).

If you are happy with the P3ESR and need more bass why not add a small subwoofer? Something like the BK XLS200. Or, if you don't want a sub and like the ATC sound how about the SCM11? (I used to have the P3ESR and now have Tablette 10 Signatures - with a subwoofer!)

Yeah, I'd echo what Jezzer says - if you're happy with the Harbeth sound, then it might be risky changing brands. The sound signature will be different, which you may or may not like. I'd imagine the 4/5s go slightly lower given the larger drive unit (although I doubt it would be a big difference), but you'd need to demo side by side to determine that.

The P3ESRs with a small, quality sub could be the answer.

Another recent review of the Spendors here, although Google translate needed. Interesting that the writer thinks they come into their own in average sized rooms, as opposed to very small ones:

https://hifi.nl/artikel/29853/Review-Spendor-Classic-45-klein-maar-reuze-dapper.html

Thank you for your replies.
Subwoofer is not an option, I don't want another box in room and also perfect integration is very hard, I would probably need two subs too.
I also don't want another ATC speaker, it is always nice to have some variety in life.

I've read in tablette thread that it can go louder and has more bass than p3 so that is one open option for me.
Classic 4/5 having slightly bigger driver unit would probably go deeper too, but I'm still hoping that someone could confirm it or even compared them.
I'm not looking for big difference, just little.

FWIW, I compared Tablette 10 Signatures to P3ESR at home and found the Proac had a more lively top end, but I wouldn't say more bass. The P3ESR sounded warmer, fuller, deeper in comparison.

As an aside, I once owned a Devialet 140 when I had M30.1 and P3ESR, and tried the SAM function. Now that gave the Harbeths some deep bass. Quite remarkable how it sounded like a sub was in the room.

Not sure how much it was before, price went up recently for Spendors? I was kind of interested.

They were £1,600, but went up to £1,680 a few weeks ago.

Annoying, but recent price hikes for lots of manufacturers seems pretty standard at the moment.

Thank you for info. In one price list I saw it for 1650 euro, not in stock, must be very old price and not true anymore.

YAY!

p.jpeg

advertisement

Back