advertisement

Some of my own music...

gustav_errata

pfm Member
I hope it's ok to do a bit of self-promotion here.

I recently came to the conclusion that the mountain of music that I have written is not doing any good just sitting on a hard drive. So I resolved to start collecting it together, polishing it up and releasing it. Unfortunately, for various reasons, I cannot open any of the old project files. So all I have to work with in most cases are final mixdowns or, in the best cases, mixdowns of individual tracks. I've been hard at work mastering all of this music but the fact remains that in some cases I'm stuck with imperfections. So, I've gone ahead and named the series "Immutable Past", reflecting that the songs are imperfect but immutable expressions of my music at various times.

All told, I have put together 6 full albums of music. It's all computer-based electronic music, so if that's not your thing it might not be for you. I never settled into one style so each album is quite different from the others. There's downtempo, house, techno, noise/drone, ambient, etc.

I'm happy to say that Volume 1 "Northern Implosion" is finally complete and now available on Bandcamp as well as any streaming service that you might be using (I couldn't possibly check all of them to make sure they met the release date but it's at least up on Spotify and Youtube already).

a0070938324_16.jpg

Here's the Bandcamp link:
https://moonatlas.bandcamp.com/album/immutable-past-vol-1-northern-implosion

This one is all downtempo, IDM-inspired (but probably not really IDM) beats and minor-scale melodic mantras. I chose it to be the first volume because it's the most likely to have general appeal and if people were only to listen to one volume, I would want it to be this one.

Thanks for listening!

Well done. I banged 3 discs worth of music on Bandcamp and made a couple of quid.

If it makes one listener happy. Job jobbed.

Good luck with the sales.

Thanks! I should clarify that I'm taking this seriously and not just dumping the music out there. I've been putting a lot of work into mastering these songs to the best of my abilities (listening to practically nothing but my own music for most of the past couple of months). So I really do hope that people listen to and enjoy the music. Together with a friend and frequent music collaborator, we have worked towards establishing a record label, Moon Atlas Records (as seen in the Bandcamp URL) to release this series as well as future endeavors. Hopefully getting to the point where it makes financial sense to start having the music professionally mastered. :cool:

For a long time I lacked the confidence to try to shop my music around to labels, but finally I don't care. I have grown to like what I have written and I have come to accept my "sound", however it might be described. So, better to take control of things ourselves and get the music out on our own terms.

Thanks! I should clarify that I'm taking this seriously and not just dumping the music out there.

Apologies if my seemingly glib reply gave that impression.

I've been putting a lot of work into mastering these songs to the best of my abilities (listening to practically nothing but my own music for most of the past couple of months). So I really do hope that people listen to and enjoy the music. Together with a friend and frequent music collaborator, we have worked towards establishing a record label, Moon Atlas Records (as seen in the Bandcamp URL) to release this series as well as future endeavors. Hopefully getting to the point where it makes financial sense to start having the music professionally mastered. :cool:

I have a couple of friends who have been in the 500-1000 CD sales bracket and whilst that seems a lot, it'll never pay the bills, in fact at that level you sit on the brink of breaking even. However, if you're not paying out on physical media manufacture, that makes a bit of a difference.

For a long time I lacked the confidence to try to shop my music around to labels, but finally I don't care. I have grown to like what I have written and I have come to accept my "sound", however it might be described. So, better to take control of things ourselves and get the music out on our own terms.

My attitude is that I treat it as a hobby that brings a few people some joy. I find that you won't go wrong and, should you make some beer tokens out of it, that's a bonus.

Apologies if my seemingly glib reply gave that impression.

No worries, it was also based on a re-read of what I wrote.

Seeker_UK said:
I have a couple of friends who have been in the 500-1000 CD sales bracket and whilst that seems a lot, it'll never pay the bills, in fact at that level you sit on the brink of breaking even. However, if you're not paying out on physical media manufacture, that makes a bit of a difference.

My attitude is that I treat it as a hobby that brings a few people some joy. I find that you won't go wrong and, should you make some beer tokens out of it, that's a bonus.

Agreed. I won't be quitting my day-job, that's for sure. It's a hobby first and foremost and I'll just be happy to know that someone else has enjoyed my music.

advertisement

Back