advertisement

Soldering NACA4 to XLR plugs - help wanted

_howard

Hi,

I've recently picked up some early passive Isobarik DMS speakers with XLR connectors, and will be running them with a NAP250. I've got some NACA4, and have picked up some Neutrik (right-angled) XLR plugs, and after a couple of hours of frustration, have found that I have neither the skills or the patience to solder this thick cable. Can anyone please recommend a dealer, or anyone on the forum, who could do the job for me? I'm based in Burton-on-Trent.

Thanks.

I know this doesn't help you but is it physically possible? I'd like to see a picture of how it could be done.

Regards

Richard

I'd be interested in what the alternatives are if it's not...But surely a NAP250 -> NACA4 -> XLR Isobarik isn't unheard of?

Pretty sure one if my pairs of Sara’s had 90 degree sockets fitted to the cabinets (pointing downwards) so it was easy to use and wire the standard XLR plugs.
Couldn’t find a pic of the internal layout of the 90 degree Neutrik plugs, I suspect you may have to bare back the nap sleeving quite far to get the angle required and then use heat shrink to avoid any shorting.
Not seen the intervals though so it may well be possible but I suspect it to be a bit of a fiddle!

Many thanks to hp1, I've now got working NACA4 with the XLR plugs attached. I think it's fair to say, that whilst it is physically possible, it was quite tricky (and well beyond my capabilities!).

advertisement

Back