advertisement

Soldering Iron Tips

CHE

pfm Member
I'm trying to find replacement tips for a old Adamin soldering iron of ~15W. The tip seems to be hollow and fits over the iron's 3.5mm shaft, is ~50mm long with a ~1.5mm tip. But I can find anything similar anywhere - does anyone know a potential supplier please ?

Thanks in anticipation,

CHE

The basic design sounds very like the one used by Antex for most (all?) of their irons. Antex are (or certainly were until recently) a major supplier of irons and their spares were availabel all over the www - have a search and see what you think, if they might fit.

Is the bit retained by a captive threaded cover with a hole in it, or split half way up and held by a spring collet? If the former then spares for the WEP solder station might well fit. I haven't come across the other type (which my first Antex used) for a while but they may still be obtainable.

I`ve just measured an Antex model C shaft at 0.136 inches so very close to your 3.5mm - just google Antex bits.

Adamin was Litesold, one of the many soldering iron manufacturers that seem to have disappeared.

soldering iron tips .....

Don't hold the bit that gets hot.

5HWndo28OXCiRUVPgBmyPfLrpf7J3j9TE0AkUfZIZTU.jpg

Also , do not use to scratch an itchy ear, the delayed pain is almost cancelled out by the acrid smell of vaporised ear wax and singed hairs :confused:

If you’re stuck finding a suitable replacement I could make one up on my lathe if interested. Would just need a drawing but I think I can guess from your description what it looks like.

My tip is to buy a proper temperature controlled soldering station. You will thank your self every time you use it.

advertisement

Back