advertisement

So who’s put their heating on yet ?

petespeed

Not the gas boiler I cryed. So instead I Just lit the log burner in the front room as the Mrs had blankets over her most evenings & gave me that look too say enough is enough

Not put the central heating on yet, apart from half an hour a week ago to turn the pump over. Put the gas fire on for a bit on Tuesday when I was off work with man flu...

Heating will only be used if the house temps drop below 16°C and more than likely just in the morning (dry the bathroom towels and warm my office at the back of the house)...

However, fires lit :D

My place is still at 19 degrees during the day...

Likewise.
Last c.7 yrs neighbours downstairs (12ft ceiling heights... = 6' of hot air bubble below) have been a lovely Australian couple who liked things warm.
The new neighbours, a lovely SAfrican couple who feel the cold.

...we''ll be fine, won't need to engage the heating until we get a whole week sub-5degC, and only then for background top-up....

No central heating yet. Our plan is to keep a couple of rooms warm, and avoid rooms that take ages to get warm.

We haven’t had the centy on yet though we've had the stove lit a couple of times recently. No need for either this evening as it’s been quite warm here today :)

I toughed it out with no heating until I was sitting in the lounge at 16 deg C. I could have fired up the gas fire but it consumes half the power of the heating to only heat one room, so I cracked and ran the heating for an hour.

The heating is on all the time but controlled by a clock and thermostat. It came on for the first time, briefly, about 3 weeks ago and has come on for longer duration since then.

edit: Worcestershire

Last edited:
Summer duvet and CH on 3 times. Twice for 25 minutes and once for a bit longer just to take a chill off.
Quite warm in London SW16. Long may it stay so.

Economy 7 Storage heater in the lounge was put on 1st October when the unit price changed to just over 6p.
Have to use an oil filled radiator in the bedroom at night.
My cottage is single brick construction and so without the heater is not much warmer inside than it is outside.:eek:
To try to reduce my electricty useage I bought a Rab 700 fill sleeping bag which is then topped with a 13.5 tog goose down duvet.

I keep my heating at the same level throughout the year, so it kicks in at a temperature I find comfortable. If X degrees is too cold in December, it's too cold in July. Mrs T and I usually wear sweaters, so we don't heat the house to a silly level.
That said, I've lowered it by a degree this autumn and it may go down further if the bills get out of control. We can wear the stuff we bought for our Hurtigruten cruise if necessary.

No heating here yet but it’s mostly been fairly mild so far. Thinking of buying an electric blanket to wrap myself in when it gets cold. They cost next to nothing to run compared with CH.

be interesting to hear what part of the country people are in when they reply

so no heating, summer duvet and in the heart of Herts

advertisement

Back