advertisement

So Many Friends and family members Die Because

Of one form or another of that Most Horrid thing called CANCER.
Some might think this thread is stupid ?
No need to post personal details.
Just a thread to list those wonderful people that you knew and loved that are no longer with us.
If it makes one person check there nuts while in the bath or look at a mole the PSI they piss at check there breasts or stop smoking it might do some good.
I will start the list off .
One of the most fantastic lovely people one could ever wish to meet.
Great husband, brother ,son father and uncle.
Henry John Ross 1967-2013
Mole on his leg.
Barry.

Barry, not a stupid thread at all, my Mum as well as numerous acquaintances and relatives of friends have been victims of cancer.

Unfortunately I think it's one of those diseases that is just down to statistics and chance, a critical mass of mutant DNA from either genetics or the environment and it's kicked off.

A lot of it about and there always has been a lot about but often masked by other illnesses and accidents that killed people at an early age. In some countries advances in general health, health and safety regulation and a decrease in culling due to fewer wars leads to deaths by cancer coming to the fore as the population ages as a whole.

As suggested by MartinC some forms of cancer become apparent over time and due to advances in medical techniques along with a better collection mortality data may lead to a highlighting of information that in the past may well have been invisible.

Education shroud help, an example might be letters and follow ups along with the distributing home testing kits for prostate cancer detection targeted at men "of a certain age". It helped.

June, who would have been my mother in law. Tragically, if she had been taken seriously when she first visited her GP her death could have been avoidable.

Two friends with two different outcomes, one waited until his wife threatened divorce to go to the doctor, one ball was orange size; he survived for two years. The other got in early lost one and now has two kids and no lasting effects.

There's no harm in going to the doctor to be told you've nothing to worry about.

We're losing family at an alarming rate due to the big C. However a chance mention of some symptoms to my partner at Christmas a couple of years ago led to early detection and completely successful treatment of bowel cancer in my Dad.

The war goes on, and sometimes small advances are made in better weaponry

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/263029.php

There's no harm in going to the doctor to be told you've nothing to worry about.

I bet I am not alone in feeling like a time waster. I went to my GP with a new fast growing mole last year, I felt a bit of a hypochondriac but she was relieved it was not serious, quite benign and nothing to worry about, I felt terrible wasting her time.... But she was adamant and glad I came in, a lot of people with skin growths put it off and come in far too late... 10 minutes was all it took.

Later, the whole thing dropped off leaving pink fresh skin underneath.

http://www.uu.se/en/support/oncolytic

I have a friend who has just been diagnosed with a pancreatic tumour so I hope this research goes well and quickly. Reaching fifty I seem to be seeing a lot of friends and colleagues start to fall, I have known three people with leukemia and two of them have sadly died of it.

My best freind aged 27 was diagnosed with leukemia yesterday, needless to say it's blown my world apart let alone him and his parents.

He has scoliosis and had a chest infection six weeks ago, the chest infection has been clear for about three weeks now but he still seemed quite weak so went into hospital for tests on monday.

We are very scared and we are saying our prayers right now.

I am currently involved in a mens health and wellbeing group and we have just covered cancer awareness, I didn't expect this hammer blow.

advertisement

Back