advertisement

SME 20/2A initial impressions and POLL

Which music do you prefer

• Deck _1

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Deck _2

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters
Ok just read more of this thread - I honestly did not know which was which or look at the results. Pleased I picked right though. #2 is just more fun and involving to listen to. Actually quite surprised the results are so close.

Track 1 has better pitch and timing , track 2 ' pitch is all over the place at the start , both sounded good on the whole though .

Wow, one heck of a thread, I was searching for information on a SME Model 10 and wound up here. I thought one was the LP12 on the Talking Heads track to my ears it bounced more.

To my ears it was very close and the differences were there but I feel I can get the SME 10 ( I have an older LP12) and it will play to more of what I like, Cool part is I have a Lyra cartridge too so it was fun to hear it on both tables.

For all of the people that answered and voted before the revel, very cool. I wish more people would do this.

Thanks CJ1045

Mark

<moderating>

Had no idea this thread had slipped through the next regarding needledrops - I've pulled the links as per recent forum rules (see stickie).

You say in your OP that you have the older power supply unit with the SME, the one with the turn knob? The newer power supply unit as in the picture, which I now have, made a huge difference to the power and colour of the sound. The old unit sounded very 'hifi' in comparison.
Any other SME owners find the same who upgraded their power supply??
I believe there is a newer version now which I haven't heard,

Jonathan. PS SME Deck 1, LP12 Deck 2!!

Yep agree...and the third itteration is even better. BTW, as a pedant, the original assertion that the SME 20 is 'second in thr range' is well off.It goes 10. 20, 20-12. 30, 30-12. If you get such basic facts wrong.....
As for which sounds best.....do you prefer tea or coffee?

Yep agree...and the third itteration is even better. BTW, as a pedant, the original assertion that the SME 20 is 'second in thr range' is well off.It goes 10. 20, 20-12. 30, 30-12. If you get such basic facts wrong.....
As for which sounds best.....do you prefer tea or coffee?

Do yolu happen to know what kind of price are the newer power supplies?

Cheers

Andy

advertisement

Back