advertisement

Siri plays the wrong artist/album/song

Tony Lockhart

Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity
Frustrating!

If I’m in the car (this is where I first noticed the issue a week or so ago) and with CarPlay say, for example, “Play Frank Zappa” or “Play Guitar by Frank Zappa” Siri will confirm my request, but then play Birdland by Antonio Forcione.

It’s never correct, even though Siri’s voice response is correct.

Obviously I’ve turned the phone off and on again. It does it with just the phone too, although I have the Siri voice response turned off.

Googling the issue confirms others have had the same issue over the years, but there doesn’t seem to be a fix for it.

For the previous two years I’ve been using this feature, no issues at all, always spot on.

If I search manually, either on the phone or on the car’s screen, the correct selection plays.

Help!

I find Google utterly stupid in this respect also, whereas Alexa never gets it wrong.

Souds like a Meta data error to me. Siri itself obviously is oblivious to the actual content of the music file and can only select based on the Meta data associated with it. Probably somebody (thing) has mislabelled the song.

I asked Alexa to play the Sisters of Mercy and I got some kind of nuns choral music :oops:
I always remember seeing them in Manchester. I was at the front (at the Ritz, I think) and almost passed out from the lack of oxygen from the overuse of dry ice!

Souds like a Meta data error to me. Siri itself obviously is oblivious to the actual content of the music file and can only select based on the Meta data associated with it. Probably somebody (thing) has mislabelled the song.
Well, everything used to be fine for me, now it isn't. Some people have experienced it over recent years, when mine was ok. Strange.

I always remember seeing them in Manchester. I was at the front (at the Ritz, I think) and almost passed out from the lack of oxygen from the overuse of dry ice!

You should have seen Eldritch bedroom in Leeds.

I saw the Sisters seven times and never almost passed out.:)

However I did properly pass out at a Cramps gig. Chemicals other than CO2 may have been involved ;)

Frustrating!

If I’m in the car (this is where I first noticed the issue a week or so ago) and with CarPlay say, for example, “Play Frank Zappa” or “Play Guitar by Frank Zappa” Siri will confirm my request, but then play Birdland by Antonio Forcione.

It’s never correct, even though Siri’s voice response is correct.

Obviously I’ve turned the phone off and on again. It does it with just the phone too, although I have the Siri voice response turned off.

Googling the issue confirms others have had the same issue over the years, but there doesn’t seem to be a fix for it.

For the previous two years I’ve been using this feature, no issues at all, always spot on.

If I search manually, either on the phone or on the car’s screen, the correct selection plays.

Help!

Do you have a Scottish accent?

advertisement

Back