advertisement

Simple practical tips/techniques/reccommendations/ideas to make life easier...

Batch cooking and freezing. Makes the subsequent meal(s) a simple heat-in-a-pan job. Take out of the freezer the night before, defrosted in time for evening meal. Big batch of stew, minced beef, chilli, chicken casseroles, curries and chinese recipes. All sorts.

I got some advice from an older mentor when I was young. He said pick the three things that are most important to you in life. I said let’s try career, family and golf. He told me if I had to-do’s that didn’t a) advance my career, 2) get me more time with my family, or 3) result in a tee time, then they weren’t really my to-do’s!

In other words, look closely at your calendar and remove any activities or commitments that no longer serve you, add value to your life, or that you have outgrown or no longer enjoy.

a separate duvet for each occupant of a bed-absolutely fantastic-no more tug of war in the middle of the night.

Best thing I ever did. My other half would roll herself up in it, so I literally had nothing.

My approach, when I find myself wanting to buy something unnecessary, is to wait a week and then buy it if I still want it. It has saved me from countless unnecessary purchases, which would likely have added little or nothing to my quality of life.
Depends on the individual. I've a friend who lives for buying plastic shxt from the internet. He loves it, every day the letterbox rattles and he's like a little boy at Christmas.

advertisement

Back