advertisement

Sibelius symphonies

Basil

Harbethian
These arrived yesterday:

51Y2g2DR4cL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Quite simply the best set of Sibelius symphonies I've ever heard, superb performances, superb playing, superb sound... and that goes for all 7 plus Kullervo...

Buy it...now!

ps,

I played them all in one sitting, I simply couldn't stop... listening to them now, No.3... breathtaking...

These arrived yesterday:

51Y2g2DR4cL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Quite simply the best set of Sibelius symphonies I've ever heard, superb performances, superb playing, superb sound... and that goes for all 7 plus Kullervo...

Buy it...now!

ps,

I played them all in one sitting, I simply couldn't stop... listening to them now, No.3... breathtaking...

Enormously expensive, Basil, compared with the competition (£42 as against e.g., Davis's £17). That much worth it?

Oh yes... unless you mean this:

411M8C4WVgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Davis set, which I haven't heard, I only have the Philips set of his.

And 'Enormously expensive'???

Perhaps, if you waste all your cash on over-priced cables... ;-)

It is an excellent set. I've played it through Spotify recently. I don't think it eclipses the Davis sets though.

Del

As I said, not heard the latest Davis set, but I do have some Kajanus recordings, and the Jarvi is in the same class but with much better sound.

As I said, not heard the latest Davis set, but I do have some Kajanus recordings, and the Jarvi is in the same class but with much better sound.

So, my cheap/freebie cables wouldn't be able to tell the difference?

You are trying to get me (and others) into trouble aren`t you, I`m not up to speed with the Beethoven yet.....
I might have to start a Janacek thread to keep up.

Who me?

'tries looking all innocent, and fails miserably...'

Just passing on info on stuff I like, and last night was something of a revelation...

Janacek you say?

Czech Philharmonic Orchestra - Karel Ancerl is the one you want...

;-)

advertisement

Back