advertisement

Shun Mook part 2 - Akiko Audio!

YNWOAN

100% Analogue
As the Shun Mook thread has been so poular, why not have a look at Akiko Audio:

http://www.akikoaudio.com/en/akiko-audio/akiko-audio-audio-accessories/49-sanderss

These guys state clearly that:

It has been scientifically proven that certain gemstones are capable of absorbing energy from their surroundings

Further, from their website:

Akiko Audio Gem 1 Gold

It has been scientifically proven that certain gemstones are capable of absorbing energy from their surroundings. Tourmaline for example has a piezoelectric effect. When an electrical potential is carried out on the gem the crystals will vibrate, causing the electrical energy to be absorbed. Every audio set up contains a set of speakers. All the electro smog present – coming from mobile phones, microwaves, Wi-Fi, energy saving lamps and other electrical appliances – can reach the speakers uninterrupted via the unprotected speaker cables. The interferences mix with the audio signal which results in a suboptimal and impure rendering.

Whilst developing the Akiko Audio GEM1 reaching the most optimal result was our number one priority. Which is why we exclusively use a mixture of natural minerals with various physical properties.

Because of the special build the speaker cable is filtered from above as well as from below. On top of that the GEM1 Gold comes with 22 carats gold, which causes more warmth in the midrange.

It is best to place the GEM1 as close as possible to the speakers. Because of its powerful working, one Akiko Audio GEM1 should suffice per speaker cable. A third filter, on the speaker cables behind your amplifier, will cause even more improvement

It's won a Six Loons award...(bet you can guess who 'reviewed' it)

I really think some individuals should have their crown jewels placed across the L and N, in order to short out interference on the incoming mains. :D
AP

Mark,

Just a small point but one I feel needs to be mentioned. All sequel threads on pink fish are called {original thread name} II: Electric Boogaloo.

Joe

Rock
you are my Rock
Your orbits make the music of the spheres
To which gravity adheres
Our near weightless lives
And yet
In the darkness of my fears
Rocks
Trapped In boxes
Appear

Damn I'm good.

Mark,

Yes, Roman numerals, not Arabic, and an Electric Boogaloo suffix.

They are equally important.

Joe

Imagine how much better these things would work if they were made out of Mpingo wood.

That is certainly true - but if you follow the link, the product appears to consist of a Wooden Box with Stuff in it.

It was my birthday yesterday
I was moved to write a poem
I will share it with you

tumblr_n2pgdtypu11tw31ddo1_r1_500.jpg

Mind you, my box with stuff in it was cardboard, with paper
And a rock...

...and a bow

Gemstones will indeed absorb energy, and give it up later. If I take a gemstone from the back garden (it's full of them, but then I do live in Leeds) and bring it into the house it absorbs energy. I call this "thermodynamic energy equalisation" though some cynics say it's just a case of me and it "warming up". Upon removing it from the listening room and putting it back outside it gives up all the energy it has gained. I have scientific proof of this.

Can I have a cake?

Gemstones will indeed absorb energy, and give it up later. If I take a gemstone from the back garden (it's full of them, but then I do live in Leeds) and bring it into the house it absorbs energy. I call this "thermodynamic energy equalisation" though some cynics say it's just a case of me and it "warming up". Upon removing it from the listening room and putting it back outside it gives up all the energy it has gained. I have scientific proof of this.

Can I have a cake?

But is it good energy or bad energy?

Pete

It soaks up bad energy and gives it out as good, of course. C'mon, get with the programme.

This assumes our moral compass is aligned with the rock's, the rock therefore needs an understanding of the concept of what we mean by good and bad, beneficial and detrimental so we need to ask the rock if it is morally aligned with our values... What if it is not? is it a machine that works according to our wishes or does the rock have free will?

What are the values of a rock? What music does it prefer to work with? Does it mess with music it does not like, as certain types of music more efficient with this system and less with others? we need to establish a line of communication with the rock itself.

We need to understand the rock.
and the rock needs to understand us.

If that is the case then its possible that the equipment we play our music on has similarly concepts... Do you really want to go there? because I command a fracking army of pony rock poets and rock philosophers with Roctorates and I can take anyone who comes in my path down...

I've got three of these in my system.

Two for my speaker cables and one plug in unit for my power conditioner.

I started off with one, to test in different areas/cables. It worked well on the USB cable feeding my dac, so I'll be buying one more, to go back on the USB cable. I like the effect it has on the sound.

The only test I've done is remove them all al once, the system didn't sound as enjoyable without them, so back on they went.

I assume they work in a similar way to the acoustic revive rgc-24 ive got placed under the power transformer of my dac, they seem to remove noise that you wouldn't know was otherwise there.

Ps. They're called Akiko audio.

advertisement

Back