advertisement

Shit CD Packaging

What I dislike is the cardboard packaging of two CDs where the openings to remove the disks are in the central fold. I had a whole box of Mingus CDs with this problem and ended up cutting the central folds with scissors so that the CDs could be removed easily.

I’d love an original of that one! Mine is the black cover reissue. I’ve never even seen one in person, I imagine they are all trashed as I bet a grain of sand or two inevitably gets in the inner.
Seems Peter Saville had similar misgivings, though the Situationist-wannabe Tony Wilson had already bought 4,000 sheets of sandpaper…

Not sure how widely known all the above is, but I had no idea about much of it, such as Ian Curtis putting together plenty of them.

Seems Peter Saville had similar misgivings, though the Situationist-wannabe Tony Wilson had already bought 4,000 sheets of sandpaper…

Not sure how widely known all the above is, but I had no idea about much of it, such as Ian Curtis putting together plenty of them.

As this thread is actually about CD packaging not Vinyl - how about my ultra rare sandpaper "Return Of The Durutti Column" CD:-

IMG-20240114-102151.jpg

Sadly James Nice of Factory Benelux did not have the services of Joy Division to stick on the sandpaper...

...James had to do them all by hand (a task he freely admits was a pain in the arse). James soon got fed up and only produced a few like this.

Consequently this sandpaper CD is probably rarer than the original Factory vinyl edition!

advertisement

Back