advertisement

Shipping in the UK

Can anyone give me advice or a recommendation on who it would best to use to ship an MDac and iPad (both in original packaging) to separate locations in the UK. Replacement value for insurance is around £600 each. Only recently returned to the UK, so any help or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

We send about 700 parcels a month. Royal Mail seemed to perform worse than couriers during lockdown. Before lockdown I'd have said RM. Now I don't know. Across the EU, DPD has been the most stable during lockdown. I think 0 parcels lost. 3 or 4 with RM.

Thanks for this. VWhere do you get the packaging/ labels to ship the parcel safely? From the shipper? Somewhere else? There's little info online. In the US, you walk into a UPS or Fedex downtown store and everything is taken care of. There seems to be nothing similar to that for example in Manchester City centre.

Online. Try one of the third party courier firms like Parcel2Go or Interparcel, you either get to choose to print them off yourself or some of the couriers will bring one with them.

But to be honest both of those look light enough and small enough to go Royal Mail special delivery, I'd choose that over the couriers.

I use ups or dpd. Parcel force are ok too for the most part. If the items are in original boxes I would double box with plenty of space for bubble wrap. Always pack anything valuable with the assumption it will be dropped.

Thanks for this. VWhere do you get the packaging/ labels to ship the parcel safely? From the shipper? Somewhere else? There's little info online. In the US, you walk into a UPS or Fedex downtown store and everything is taken care of. There seems to be nothing similar to that for example in Manchester City centre.

Usually on-line. All forms sent to your computer to be printed. Parcel can then be collected or dropped off at a collection point. Similar to the US IME.

I've always done my own packing.

RMSD or UPS via Interparcel.com

Wouldn't use anyone else

Sent all phones/tablets and Macs via RMSD; cover for their full value insurance wise and it's tracked/delivered next day

Pack very well; don't rely on the OEM packaging is my advice

advertisement

Back