advertisement

Shanling ET3 CD Transport

Anyone tried one of these yet. I am tempted to give it a spin, not much info on them yet though

Interesting. Half width too. Is Shanling a Chinese company ?
I'm sure they had some wild looking valve cd players way back ?

I’m a fan of Bluetooth, it’s quite liberating to listen via headphones / earbuds around the house.

I’ve been following a thread about the ET3 in another forum (with Shanling support) and the information about it is great. I am seriously considering it :)
The I2S is a plus to connect my Pontus II dac.

Shanling has a long tradition with digital and everything about the ET3 is interesting, especially the top loading drive and the outputs variety.
Well done Shanling :)

Just been watching the Darko review for the ET3 on YouTube and it does look interesting. I’m happy with an Audiolab 6000CDT but I’d much prefer a top loader and this Shanling is tempting. Can’t see anywhere in the uk that stocks them though. No sign of them on the Otis website.

I bought mine from Audiophonics in France.Super fast delivery to the UK and the total cost including VAT was around £680. It's a veritable bargain at the price - the John Darko review was pretty spot on.

Would much prefer to buy locally as well. Sadly not currently possible. A little bit mystified as to why they are not available on Amazon, many other Shanling products are.
Does raise concerns about after sales service should any issues arise but that's a risk I am willing to take. I can appreciate that others may take a different view.

TS

From what I’ve read it uses a Sanyo transport which is, I believe, what Rega use in there CDPs.
I can’t really understand why you think top loading would be more expensive or unreliable than a drawer or slot loading, I would have thought exactly the opposite.

TS

My concerns are about the box as a whole, I'd expect a top loader to be more reliable because simpler, but I'd also expect Rega to build their gear to a higher standard and offer a decent warranty. I'd also expect to be using the Rega in 15-20 years time. My current Musical Fidelity E624 is now 24 years old.

advertisement

Back