advertisement

Shanians and Nac5

aughton

Hi all have just finished a b ing Nac5 and Mogami. No contest. All shahinian owners should try this. Sweeter more detail more foot tapping lost the hardness at the top end I didn't realize was there. Thanks to my Guru for this tip.
:D

Funny how we hear things differently - when i first auditioned Arcs is was with Mogami (never heard of the stuff before)
Also funny was the fact that it was one of the main authorised Naim dealers - who doesn't use anything else:rolleyes:

I personally think Mogami is FAB and very well suited to Shahinian :p

Can confirm mogami the way forward for shahinian, i'm just trying out a mogami interconect in a naim system, very good! only been in system for 24hrs,so still running in, again sound is sweeter while still retaining detail, but most of all, great rythmn n timing

......... i'm just trying out a mogami interconect in a naim system, very good! only been in system for 24hrs,so still running in, again sound is sweeter while still retaining detail, but most of all, great rythmn n timing

I have Mogami 2549 throughout all my Naim system
All the IC's with DIN or RCA terminals are made exactly to the right length so no more untidy loops & droops; plus CL&R - already insignificant - is at lowest possible value & cables have practically no effect or sonic filter-signature.
In addition to IC's I have also made the Amp-PSU "SNAIC" in the same cable but config'd to separate signal & power
(this is the same schematic as the Avondale system & similar to the FBS "Y" cable, mine is a "V" config)
How do they sound? I went thru a year or more of testing all sorts, Chords, AR, FBS & HL. Lets just say I am not playing with cables anymore.

That said Mogami is a cable , no magic or snake oil, just nice copper & insulation - simple nothing more.
Don't assume that if the speaker cable does a good job it will be true of the IC (microphone) cable - or visa versa.
Mogami speaker cable has middle of the road C&L similar to other cables like Chord (for e.g.) Its OK for most amps, including Naim but it might sound better with a length greater than 5m to get close to the Naim required 3.5u/H loading.

advertisement

Back