advertisement

Shahinian Obelisks

Tony L

Administrator
Nice tidy looking pair of MkI Obs:

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Don’t seem that unreasonable to me. I hate to think what a new pair would cost, and if you like what they do there isn’t really anything that does it at that sort of price unless you want to get into likely complex and unpredictable Sonab/Larson restorations.

I’m not really a fan of omnidirectional speakers, but I’ve always really liked the mid-century modern/Eames styling of Shahinians. Really nice speakers, and I’ve never bought into the devaluing of a MkI just because a MkII exists.

Yeah, tidy looking pair. I really enjoy mine. With all of the various speakers I own, if I had to pick one pair it would be obelisks. However, I don't need to pick one pair, so I also have tannoys, pmcs, quads etc etc :)

Yeah, tidy looking pair. I really enjoy mine. With all of the various speakers I own, if I had to pick one pair it would be obelisks. However, I don't need to pick one pair, so I also have tannoys, pmcs, quads etc etc :)
The Tannoy Duel Concentrics model is awesome I grabbed a pair for a friend along with a Naim NAC 42.5? And Nap 140 some 24 years ago and he loved it I was very impressed

I actually ran around and had the dual concentric drivers reconned that fitted the tannoy Westminster cabinet I think that’s right

I had my father’s pair of JBL professional 110s reconed when I was 16. I’ve repaired many a brand since ffs I’m going back 3 decades plus.

advertisement

Back