advertisement

[FS] Several Tuners for Sale

dynadavid

pfm Member
A few Tuners for Sale

I am moving house later this year and I am selling some of my hifi.
For sale here are some of my tuners that I have collected over the years.

I would prefer sold items to be picked up from my house in West Kirby (Wirral, Merseyside) where you can have a brew and listen to them in my system. However, I often travel to North Cheshire/South Manchester if a buyer would like to meet up.
Postage will be at cost so assume c£15 each for the tuners and if it comes in any lower, I will refund the difference.

I will only post items to UK. Sorry, I won’t post to EU countries.

Payment by cash on collection or bank transfer.

I am happy to answer questions by PM.

Lastly, 5% of the sale proceeds will go to Tony as a thank you and to help fund the PFM site.

Audiolab 8000T Tuner £150
I bought this 4 years ago and I have used it extensively in my main system. It is in excellent condition and sounds fantastic. It tunes easily to local and national stations and doesn’t drift. Obviously, a tuner like this benefits from a good aerial but I still got great results with a half wave dipole on the gable end of my house. The right-hand side of the display is slightly dim but it didn’t bother me as the display is still totally legible. Complete with original box, instructions, am aerial and a copy of a review from Gramaphone magazine.

qk9h2qE.jpg

HgKzeIK.jpg

UczXja9.jpg

Meridian 504 Tuner £150
I bought this 6 years ago and it has been used mainly in my second system. It is in mint condition- looks like new. It doesn’t need anything fancy for an aerial, it tunes easily to local and national stations and doesn’t drift. I thought I had the original box for this, but I had a quick search of the loft earlier and couldn’t find it. I could find a suitable box and would pack it carefully for the courier and it isn’t particularly heavy.

rL7K0lY.jpg

S2EfiRS.jpg

MJ5KzWW.jpg

Creek 3140 Tuner £35
I bought this on a whim 18 months ago. It is in perfect condition, I can’t find a mark on it. It tunes well, doesn’t need a fancy aerial and doesn’t drift. No original packaging but it is light and easily packaged for courier.

fL2iaha.jpg

AKOxSoM.jpg

vEQIwGA.jpg

Musical Fidelity T1 Tuner £20

I have owned this over 20 years and it has accompanied me on various job moves in UK and Ireland. My workshop tuner, always on R3 or on R2 in the evenings. In decent but not mint condition. Tunes easily, holds a station and doesn’t drift. No original packaging but it is light and easily packaged for courier.

bHdF43S.jpg

I like that Audiolab. Had one years ago, £1000 wheh new and yours is a late 'E' as well.

Bulbs easy to replace and now there are drop in LED replacements though I prefer the incandescents.

I like all of them. It may help sales if you can breifly explain how bewbie to tunerworld will have to equip their roof aerial wise to get excelent FM reception.
Thanks

I’ve owned both the 8000T and 504 (still have latter) and love them both. Can’t go wrong with either!

Hmm, a 2nd go around with an 8000T… tempting.

Oh but I do love tuners though I only have one chimney-based 6 element array. Just remembered that I've got 3 tuners and a receiver in service; quite enough but I can resist anything except temptation !

I got great results with one of these up on the gable end of my house. It has low wind effect, it is omnidirectional, easy to fit and I didn't have to get on the roof.

4PzV0SO.png

Not surprised. I remember a tuner supertest in WhatHifi that also involved 3 opinions from Joe Public. The journo picked their award bearing Pioneer, all the plebs preferred the MF as it sounded more musical.

What about him? Dead now, though; son carrying on in Luton, I believe.
Nothing.. except if you absolutely clueless about aerial s just bellow out the name... "Ron Smith ". Always works !!
And also if I keep bumping up dynadavids sale page here he may give me a nice little discount on the cables I bought off him :)

Galaxy 17 was the best aerial from the range, but it wasn’t exactly an easy thing to live with.

If I was in the market I’d have to go with the Meridian.

GLWTS

advertisement

Back