advertisement

serious power cord. DIY pictures

Mr Tweaks

I have heard $5000 Ac cords and $5 cords. I have compared my Ac cords to both of these ranges and some fellow aduiophile friends and I conclude that my cords have made a very large contribution to the sound. I also use an exactpower board which I also bought
diy-ac-cable.html

Hi Mr Tweeks,

Very interesting thread ... would you care to list the items used at each end of the cable ... have you stayed with Oyaide products throughout ..... could you outline the changes heard ... what is your system? and what items of equipment have you use the cable on?

Thanks

John

Dear J. (cirkus)
The IEC end of the cable is the new Oyaide c-004 and at the other end is a heavy duty Clipsal AC plug. I have used Furutech, Wattgate and Hubble connectors with both Shunyata , Nordost, Chord and Furutech cable. It has cost me a lot of time and money but that's part of the game.I find the Oyaide EFF-S2.6 to be the better performer and very well priced.
The Oyaide cables and connectors are very good indeed, and would not use them in my system if they were not up to par!
My main system consists of Densen 25Bit CD player, ModWright LS36.5 pre-amp and Lamm M2.2 power amp driving ATC speakers, I bought 10m of this cable and wired the whole audio system up.
The changes I and 9 other audiophiles heard over a two day listening test were: greater dynamics, more revealing macro information, tigher and yet somewhat richer bass, and the soundstage had more precision.The ATC speakers are ruthlessly accurate and capable of creating tremors, they have shown to me that a small cost in power cables and the right connectors are an investment. You can get this equipment herehttp://www.theaudiophileworkshop.com.au/oyaide-products-cables.html
Hope I have been some help

Mr Tweaks,

would you please declare whether you are in the trade, and whether you are in any way connected to the company whose website you link to?

Markus - moderating

Dear Markus
After reading your question, you have brought to my attention that I have indeed signed up in the wrong section of PFM. I have never been in any forum before (infact 3days to date) and would like to advise you and all the readers particularly in this topic that I will contact PFM to be re-assigned to the "commercial" section.I do stand on what I have said in the past, however it was said in the wrong place.
Regards

Thank you, Mr Tweaks. You are welcome to stay on pfm as a regular member, but please stay away from products you are commercially involved with. Alternatively, contact the site owner, Tony L, about joining as a trade member. You'd then be tagged a trade member and we'd ask you to make your affiliation known in your posts, e. g. in your signature.

The mod team has to make sure that our members shall be able to distinguish posts from people who may or may not be commercially motivated, from posts by members who have no such possible conflict of interest.

Vendor hears improvement in expensive copper power chord shocker..

well blow me down.

I think you ll find we have been here and done this (to death). I would get ready for an alternate view
Clive Smith

Saw a link to this company on another thread about speaker cables. While I agree that the cable looks very well manufactured I am a doubter in terms of any sonic improvement. Perhaps if you have an industrial microwave in the same room ;)

advertisement

Back