advertisement

Seasick Steve

zener

fluff
Just had this guy bought to my attention , do a google and check out his performance on Jools Holland show , sorry if this has been brought up before.

I went to see Seasick Steve perform at the Scala in London five months ago and he is great. He is currently recording a new album and has a gig lined up at the Albert Hall on October 1st.

Not bad for an old white American bloke who plays blues and lives in Norway.

His last album, Dog House Music, is pretty cool and he sometimes plays a three string and a one string guitar.

He is well worth seeing.

yeah, I saw him onm jools holland and then saw him live at newcastle...
great stuff...!

I was equally impressed with the support act whose name escapes me just now - but I bought one of their cds at the gig...swedish band and the bloke dressed up as a woman... :D

edit...found them - Billie The Vision and the Dancers
link here - http://www.billiethevision.com/music.php
and the cd I bought was - Where the Ocean Meets My Hand

reminds me very much of the go betweens

Gets played in my studio a lot. I really like him actually, he's really grown on me.

What are his 40s/50s/60s influences in terms of the gorgeous natural casual slide guitar playing. I have limited exposure to older blues but am probably looking for the slide equivalent / contemporary of Jack Dupree. I've heard and enjoy Big Joe Williams, but is there anything even more casual?

Any tips?

Saw Seasick steve at Stanstead last week wearing his stage clothes ......and carrying his guitar whilst smooth slouching and rolling along ....... him very genuine artikle.

Loved his laughter on Jool Holland at his finiancial sucess at the moment ...... middle of his set talking about singing in the street somewhere a whiles back . pauses and laugh quietly ...... 'this sure is a good gig comaperd to those days. Sweet I thought

love his music and vibe

advertisement

Back