advertisement

Seagate Media Player

DevillEars

Dedicated ignorer of fashion
I just bought the wife's Christmas present - something to quell the constant moaning about music, movies and TV series which she "can't watch because they on the PC".

It's a "Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex TV" - a compact media player about the size of two 30-packs of fags stacked one on top of the other.

goflex_tv_front_hi-300x183.jpg

The unit incorporates a dock for connecting an external USB portable HDD (Seagate only in the dock but it has an extra side-mounted USB port for non-Seagate drives).

GoFlex-external_storage-USB3-0,9-3-264711-13.jpg

I am busy populating the drive and decided to check out how simple it is to use (mandatory requirement). Dead easy - from unpack to loading up 75GB to connecting to TV to adjusting settings to "Lights, Action!" took just over an hour.

Picture Quality? Obviously dependent on the quality of the download, but some HD downloads came out pretty damned good.

Other media types? Music, Digicam Photos, DigicamCorder movies.

Options for retrieval of media? USB-connected drives (flash or HDD), Ethernet to shares on network.

Price? ~$130.00 (excluding HDD) + $95.00 for a Seagate 500GB USB drive

I'm quite impressed with this dinky little gadget and I think the old girl will enjoy it - an excellent gift!

:cool:

advertisement

Back