advertisement

SD cards

hifinutt

hifinutt
I have a lovely canon eos film camera but thinking of a modest canon dslr which will take my lenses

Now the ones i have seen have massive SD cards [ as opposed to the little ones in my small digital]

how do you get this data onto laptops from these ? my laptop and desktop only takes the small ones ?

Are there any canon dslr that have small sd cards ?

(
I have a lovely canon eos film camera but thinking of a modest canon dslr which will take my lenses

Now the ones i have seen have massive SD cards [ as opposed to the little ones in my small digital]

how do you get this data onto laptops from these ? my laptop and desktop only takes the small ones ?

Are there any canon dslr that have small sd cards ?

USB card reader like this - loads available:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EFPX9XA/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

You can also use micro-SD cards in an SD adapter in the camera (its what I do..) - then you don't need an SD card reader ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09D8MZVCN/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Also most cameras have a 'direct input' lead - and some use BT or Wifi so no lead at all.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
You can also use micro-SD cards in an SD adapter in the camera (its what I do..) - then you don't need an SD card reader

that is what i tend to do.

Try and buy well know brands, and those sold and dispatched by Amazon for example. I have had two fakes through the Amazon market place.

Sandisk seems to be the favourite target for fakes and, sadly, Amazon seems to be the favourite outlet for scammers. I use Lexar ,in everything now, from eBay or online outlets now, it seems to be less of a target as it is less popular. It,s as good as Sandisk (imo). :cool:

What is the biggest giveaway to spot fakes?, I’ve just bought a Sandisk Ultra from Amazon market place.:confused:

there isnt a particular thing. Most commonly you think you have bought a (for example) 128Gb card, and even when you put it in your machine it shows as 128Gb, but when you try to write beyond say (for example) 16Gb, then the card fails. You might get lucky....

there isnt a particular thing. Most commonly you think you have bought a (for example) 128Gb card, and even when you put it in your machine it shows as 128Gb, but when you try to write beyond say (for example) 16Gb, then the card fails. You might get lucky....
Ah right, thank you, will keep my eyes peeled for it, i thought there were tell tale signs on card or packaging.

The packaging and labelling on fakes can be very good. I had a fake Sandisc and Sandisc would not tell me how to recognise genuine from fake in the future - not wanting to give away trade secrets? All you can do is buy from reputable sellers, back everything up in various formats and keep your fingers crossed.
PS: The genuine Sandisc MicroSD card in my phone failed last week after working for 2 years. Thankfully everything on it was backed up.

advertisement

Back