advertisement

Scottish Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on a killing post. The problem is that it premise rests on my having said something that I didn't say.

My point again, the Scottish government's record on CV is appalling. The fact that it is less so than England's is immaterial to that original fact.
Yes, but this thread is about Scottish politics, which is so tangled with english politics and the relationship with england, that to retrospectively dissown the unfavourable comparison you were trying to make smacks of slyly shifting the ground.
Plenty of countries did worse. And?
Sturgeon didn't have the option to do a full New Zealand - had she been able, I think she'd have gone for something similar. Unfortunately, she was chained to the idiot thieving brother, so it wasn't an option.
So, you'd better concentrate on england then. Come back to scotland when you've finished. And remember, england managed their spectacular failure not only while copying homework, but while stealing billions from the taxpayer. No evidence Scotland did this, or colluded in it.

Sunak’s pork belly politics have been laid bare today. His £billion towns fund goes to 40 Tory seats vs 5 Labour. His own constituency, one of the least deprived in England gets money from him while some of the most deprived, with Labour MPs go without.
It’s just so blatant. Again people see it.

Too late, I told her that 'Brian says you're a racist because you're a nationalist'. She looked confused until I told her that you were from Northumberland at which point she sighed and said 'Is it something in the water there?'

To be fair to her, some of her adopted relations are in Alnwick and their use of words like 'piccaninny' in front of her (not about her) is all she has to reference against.
Except I didn’t. I guess you don’t get the context.

Anything else to say on the post you’re replying to? Here it is below. Maybe you can point out anything you take issue with and why?

Perhaps before you tell her you might get into a chat with the members here who refer to the northern racists by virtue of voting ukip, brexit party or tory party in 2019 in order to ‘get brexit dun’.

I’m from the north. There are no more racists/nationalists there than anywhere else but a few nationalists here disagree. Apparently, England is swarming with them, so maybe I’m wrong.

7,600 new members have joined the SNP since Nicola Sturgeon’s appearance in front of the Scottish Parliamentary Committee yesterday. It’s going crazy on social media.

At this rate she will be able to free the Kingdom of Scotland from the tyranny of Boris the Longnose and the cruel English.
And make Scotland free once and for all.
Hoorah
I feel a movie coming on.
Trainspotting 3 anyone?

If Scotland does go independent, then finally the rest of us in the UK can change our daylight savings time.
I want more light in the evening, dammit ! :)
Scotland's distilleries may not be happy returning to a 25% US tariff. If there are further covid jabs, lets hope their EU friends are as efficient as the NHS; still that is the price of freedom.

7,600 new members have joined the SNP since Nicola Sturgeon’s appearance in front of the Scottish Parliamentary Committee yesterday. It’s going crazy on social media.
There were Thousands of remainers who demonstrated outside of Westminster in 2016 and 2019, but it did not get a remain result or prevent the Westminster remainer clearances.

At this rate she will be able to free the Kingdom of Scotland from the tyranny of Boris the Longnose and the cruel English.
Hoorah
Trainspotting 3 anyone?

Is that the one with Mel Gibson in it?

Hoorah
Trainspotting 3 anyone?

A remake of Restless Natives ?

It should be an epic.

Here's a good plot line-

"Formidable leader of the Scottish people , Queen Sushi , along with her clan, set out to battle Mendacious Boris of England, who nearly killed his bride a day after their marriage..."

Last edited:
9zQjGDa.jpg

As the SNP is doing in extracting Scotland from the clutches of its evil colonial master. The colonial baton and the begging bowl will be passed onto those nice people over at the EU when they've finished blocking export of the stockpiles of AstraZeneca vaccine that they don't want to Australia and other countries, many if whom are desperate for it.

Then Ms Sturgeon can settle into the rigours of life as head of Scotland District Council. Will they give her the powers to veto EU legislation that is enjoyed by those canny Walloons? No chance, but she'll get to do the Glasgow bus timetables, and the trash collection rota.

Advertising your friends again Hugh; move on, UKIP along with the Brexit party played their part in extracting us from a federal EU but are now obsolete.
Not at all, they have candidates in Scottish constituencies where they"ll hopefully get a good kicking, metaphoricaly...or not.

So why is Scottish independence a higher priority than Northern Ireland independence?
It seems clear that a lot of the pressing issues with the EU, post-Brexit, relate to the fragile border with Ireland.
Shouldn't we be trying to put NI on some kind of independent footing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back