advertisement

[FS] Schitt Saga Plus in Silver as new. £275 inc UK delivery

steveinspain

pfm Member
I bought this from @kevinrt last week, tried it with my Leak Stereo 20 only to find that it, along with the Tisbury passive preamp I am going to be listing shortly, both hum. I believe there is a way to sort my amp so it is less prone to humming, but I'm not going to even try.
It's a well known issue with this amp and not a reflection on either pre but it made me realise I was going in the wrong direction for me and my system, so here it is back up for sale with less than a minutes use by me, otherwise it is exactly as described in his thread, and surprisingly heavy for such a small thing -

It came very well boxed up and will be sent on the same way in the same boxes but with even more brown tape and YOUR name on it.
Just send me your name, address and £275 and it'll be on its way to you.
I had such high hopes as it seems so highly recommended so if you want a passive pre with benefits this seems to be a very good one to try.

ah what a shame , its a beautiful pre . good luck with sale
Thanks, I'm sure it is, it's certainly lovely to look at!

My experiments with both passive pre's has made me think more about what I want and need. I have a Quad 66 pre with that massive remote that almost needs a seat of it's own on the sofa and is so much a part of my evenings listening - it just sits there easy to find and adjust when the lights or off. I've been lent by another very kind PFM member some attenuators with have pretty much sorted me out as I have much better volume control and have lost the hum that both pre's gave me.
I hope the Saga goes to someone who'll get a lot of pleasure from it!

I would add that when I used this with my Leak Stereo 20 I got rid of the hum by using an iFi GND.
When I used the Saga with a Quad amp there was no hum (even without the iFi GND), so it does seem to be when pairing with the Stereo 20 that the hum occurs

Big thanks to @steveinspain for getting this to me so quickly - I have to say I'm pretty stunned by the performance - admittedly I have stuck an RCA red base 5692 in (which cost nearly as much as this did...) - My normal resident preamp now retails at £5k, and the fact that this sort of quality can be had for less than 10% of that has actually blown my tiny mind 🤯

advertisement

Back