advertisement

SBL tweeters for credo's

Hi
Contact Will, Willys hi fi 01702523999 , or visit web site .

Great chap to deal with top service ,based in Leigh on sea .

He is the UK main importer for Hiquphon tweeters for SBL and Isobariks .

They are in fact the same as the original credo tweeter.

All older Naim speakers use basically the same spec of tweeter either scan d2008/11 or Scan d2010/11.

The only difference is s that the 2010 has a bigger bezel, 4 mounting screw holes rather than three and a foam thingy on the front which rots away over time.

Thank you for the replays

Hi
Contact Will, Willys hi fi 01702523999 , or visit web site .

Great chap to deal with top service ,based in Leigh on sea .

He is the UK main importer for Hiquphon tweeters for SBL and Isobariks .

I had a look at the site. Interestingly enough they sell some higher spec replacements for around £100 each. Spec to within .5 db of each other.
As far as electronics, is this the main difference between sbl to credo tweeter?
The issue is for me. I am on the other side of the world, so sbl's/SL2's are few and far between, the postage from the UK is as much as the speakers are. So I am trying to get a silk purse out of a wallet. This nac 52 I've picked up is just nutty good. Any thoughts? £200+ postage is it worth it, even for shits and giggles:)

I think the main difference is in the cabs. Not sure if the credo XO is different from the SBL XO but they certainly come in the same case. I think the Credo bass driver has one less damping pad but that's the only difference in drivers.

I think the main difference is in the cabs. Not sure if the credo XO is different from the SBL XO but they certainly come in the same case. I think the Credo bass driver has one less damping pad but that's the only difference in drivers.

Yes the cabinet is a big one. I've read the credo cab is full of colouration compared to the sbl's. Think I'll just leave it alone and just wait for an opportunity for SBL/SL2's. :)
Thanks for your input.

advertisement

Back