advertisement

SBL gasket fairy liquid

Naimngame

pfm Member
Hi guys,
Apologies for those sick of SBL posts but I’ve read all threads and can’t see this specific information. I’ve bought all the materials as per the excellent post by doublebubble. I cocked up when ordering my neoprene as bought one specifically for gaskets but it was solid rubber 😫.
Anyway, my question is this: after removing the old gasket and cleaning up etc, do I put fairy liquid on bottom cabinet even though my neoprene foam is sticky on the bottom or does the fairy just go on the upper surface of gasket?
I’m also replacing tweeters at same time so very excited and apprehensive at same time. Want to do anything I can for best results
Any advice greatly appreciated
Cheers
Mark

Put the fairy liquid on both surfaces, otherwise the silicone will be permanently stuck to whichever one you don't.
🤔 As one side is sticky I wasn’t going to use silicone on that side but was torn between a permanent fixture and stopping the adhesive properties of the sticky neoprene from taking

Ahh sorry, misunderstood the question.

You stick the neoprene to the bottom cabinet with it's own adhesive or double sided carpet tape and use the fairy liquid on the top surface of the neoprene and the bottom of the mid/bass driver cabinet.

advertisement

Back