advertisement

Sansui integrated amps

My Aurex arrived - it glows! Plonked on a coffee table with my Naim CD5 on top it is sounding pretty damn good through the Tannoys. If the phono stages sound decent (will test a bit later) then it will be heave-ho time for the Densen Beat.
Excellent stuff. She's a beaut.

Just need to find an aesthetically complementary cd player - the Naim glow is yellowy green in contrast to the Aurex mintiness.

Just need to find an aesthetically complementary cd player - the Naim glow is yellowy green in contrast to the Aurex mintiness.
Red sets off green rather nicely I find. Avoid blue at all costs. These are the important decisions when looking for hifi boxes.

Enjoy

2580591234_b35ae51747_o.jpg

2580591292_2abf00460b.jpg

2580591392_1124ab7a0a_o.jpg

2580591336_3e2b413015_o.jpg

And for something not completely different, a magical not-quite finished system from a parallel universe:

2579762347_0bbe88d958_o.jpg

Excellent stuff Joel. My SL10 is unwell :-( What is the CD player by the way?

Please explain those speakers!

Jim

Excellent stuff Joel. My SL10 is unwell :-( What is the CD player by the way?
One that was made just up the road from me in Kichijoji :=)

I hope your SL10 gets better soon.

The Citation looks lovely. It clearly has to stay, no matter what it sounds like.
It sounds bloody good actually. The phono stages are a better match than either of the ones I was using previously.

The issue is that the CD player's output is rather hot for the DAD input on the Citation :)

Hmmm ... wonder what colour lights the replacement will have.
Red and green.
a.jpg

Just not quite yet, sadly.

Red LEDs reminded me that I have a Rega Planet 1 that Royal Mail drop kicked on its way to me a couple of years ago - cracked glass cover and wouldn't spin up. 2 minutes reseating cogs in the cd mech and it works again! I am now red LED enabled...

That's looking like a proper hi-fi now :) I must invite myself round one day.

Is that the recent reissue of Starsailor? If it is, what's the pressing like?

-- Ian

Me like. All you need now is to get the SL10 working. Do that and we'll try to find you a worthy cart.
The LP on the left is the correct answer.

Anytime Ian. That is the 4 Men With Beards reissue, I think it is OK but have been noticing a bit of low frequency rumble on it though (especially on Song To The Siren) not sure if this is crap setup of the Thorens though.

Me like. All you need now is to get the SL10 working. Do that and we'll try to find you a worthy cart.
The LP on the left is the correct answer.

I may correspond with you about the SL10 Joel.

I have bits for a (potentially) dual arm Lenco heading my way at the moment - sarcastic comments are being made about turntable proliferation in the house, something will have to go...

I bought a AU217mk2 in the mid-80's (I think it was). Still got it, still going strong in my basement system, still sounding quite superb on the end of a pair of JPW 510's. Makes me wonder about the amount of 'progress' that has gone on.

Regards, J.

I bought a AU217mk2 in the mid-80's (I think it was). Still got it, still going strong in my basement system, still sounding quite superb on the end of a pair of JPW 510's. Makes me wonder about the amount of 'progress' that has gone on.

Regards, J.

Very little, if any IMO.

People like Peter Walker in the UK got SS amps right around 1975 as did many of the big Japanese companies.

advertisement

Back