advertisement

Sansui AU 11000A

stephen_cowslip

pfm Member
Had this returned last week from a recapping / servicing.

It's an absolute monster...

yLgTAVI.jpg

ibRbIgH.jpg

Lovely looking thing but the side inputs / outputs can be quite a challenge!!

Some images of it on the bench:

JaljmJu.jpg

VsEDsU1.jpg

It is when one looks at the CA2000 and BA2000 that one can see why the AU9900/AU11000 are laid out the way that they are. It's a lot of amplifier to jam into an integrated.

Sansui CA-2000 Control Preamplifier:
CA2000.jpg

Sansui BA-2000 Power Amplifier:
BA2000.jpg

Compare and contrast the CA/BA2000 specs vs. those of AU9900/AU11000:
spec_BACA2000.jpg

spec_AU11000_9900_TU9900.jpg

What a beaut.... I had a matching TU and AU 9900 many years ago. I couldn’t afford a full service and I knew I wasn’t getting the best out of it so I sold it. Hope yours sounds magical . How does it compare SQ wise to modern integrated?

What a beaut.... I had a matching TU and AU 9900 many years ago. I couldn’t afford a full service and I knew I wasn’t getting the best out of it so I sold it. Hope yours sounds magical . How does it compare SQ wise to modern integrated?

I dream of finding a well-priced TU but alas, it's extremely unlikely. Aesthetically, it doesn't get much better than a matching pair!

It sounds amazing, to be honest. It's driving a pair of Ditton 66s and it's a match made in heaven.

Sadly, I don't have a modern integrated to hand. I've got an EAR Yoshino V20. The Sansui definitely seems to drive the Dittons with more ease than the EAR. I'm not too good with audio adjectives but the Sansui sounds a lot more "punchy"

advertisement

Back