advertisement

Ryan Soundlab cards in NAC12

ian r

401's Nakman
I loaned Ryans cards when they were first doing the rounds but was skint until recently.

After a crazy dhl delay they arrived today

a set with the remote volume cards and the z200 amp boards

Well they do like some minutes to warm up ...but they are ...as I hoped offerring a quad esl 57 type experience with my pair od pre DC Tannoy 12 inch ...yes the old Lonnie Donegan tannoys

the boards make the 12/110 into these boxes sound much more like I have been used to with my ESL 57's

It would be hard to pay the boards a better complement.

My thanks to the various electrical engineers here who have provided us non geeks with such a fine array of upgrades for the older Naims

I think the s/n threashold must be orders lower with these ...the soundstage is deeper and wider .... more esl like

Im a,happy bunny

then theres the remote control

They certainly put a smile on my face too. I grabbed the non-remote version from the classifieds (thanks twinslaver) to upgrade my 72. I was amazed at what I'd been missing from my music all these years.

I was all set to try an integrated but thought I should hear these boards in my pre first. Maybe now I should hunt down an Avondale TPX4'd hicap.

Enjoy the music Ian.

yes its very interesting what Arkless and Les and Neil etc have done with the options for Naims

Happy musical days ahead. I have the RSL cards in my 72 and the TPR4 regulator in my HiCap and I recommend these upgrades.

Colin

yes the lonely power regulator board in the 12 looks a tad retro and as for the snaps well ...ancient

Full set of RSL boards in my 32.5 now for 8 weeks. They have replaced well "Acoustica" modded Naim 72 boards. RSL's are better in every respect, but especially soundstaging and greater low level detail. The modded Naim boards beat my original 32.5 boards (which I still have) by a fair margin it has to be said, but the RSL boards get deeper into the music in a subtle yet obvious way. I also use a recapped HiCap with Teddy Superregs and monoblock 110s with ncc220 and minicap6 psu boards in each.
I'd recommend anyone with a 12, 32 or 72 to try RSL's loaners, 2weeks free loan, all it costs is the forward postage to the next one on the list, no risk, no salesman will call!

Yeah the loan scheme was a great chance to try before you buy....Ryan certainly sets older Naims up to astound the future

advertisement

Back