advertisement

Rwanda

ks.234

Half way to Infinity
At a time when we are told that there is no money, we will now spend £1.8m per refugee to deport them.

We could make each refugee a millionaire overnight, but instead we choose to throw it away.

This seems to me to be like those billionaire Bullingdon Boys who burn £20 notes infront of homeless people.

It has no other purpose than to other then humiliate vulnerable people.

We are a sick society

The reality is that this is very unlikely to happen before an election and won’t work anyway. Along with the targeting of disabled people it’s just the sound of dog whistles being blown very loudly to bring your traditional Tory voters out to vote. An act of very loud desperation but desperation nevertheless.

At a time when we are told that there is no money, we will now spend £1.8m per refugee to deport them.

We could make each refugee a millionaire overnight, but instead we choose to throw it away.

This seems to me to be like those billionaire Bullingdon Boys who burn £20 notes infront of homeless people.

It has no other purpose than to other then humiliate vulnerable people.

We are a sick society
It's sadistic frankly and, if it does happen which given the legal hoops that still need to be jumped through it very well might not (and I 100% hope it doesn't) then I would love to see a France style humiliation. Last year, France deported a man to Uzbekistan ignoring an ECHR ruling. This eventually resulted in the government being legally ordered by the highest court in France to bring the man back again - much to the government's embarrassment.

The thing is that while we can make all the excuses in the world around the government hoping to appeal to Tory voters through bigotry and cruelty I think that even they (the Tory 'faithful') would rather see a buoyant economy and therefore I stand by my claim of sadism as there is no sound reason for this nonsense outside of rich spiteful debased people wanting to make little people suffer. My blood boils just to think about it and I genuinely hope the likes of Sunak and Braverman come to a very nasty painful demise.

It's sadistic frankly and, if it does happen which given the legal hoops that still need to be jumped through it very well might not (and I 100% hope it doesn't) then I would love to see a France style humiliation. Last year, France deported a man to Uzbekistan ignoring an ECHR ruling. This eventually resulted in the government being legally ordered by the highest court in France to bring the man back again - much to the government's embarrassment.

The thing is that while we can make all the excuses in the world around the government hoping to appeal to Tory voters through bigotry and cruelty I think that even they (the Tory 'faithful') would rather see a buoyant economy and therefore I stand by my claim of sadism as there is no sound reason for this nonsense outside of rich spiteful debased people wanting to make little people suffer. My blood boils just to think about it and I genuinely hope the likes of Sunak and Braverman come to a very nasty painful demise.
Yes.

If you really wanted to curtail immigration, the best way to do it would be to raise wages.

At present we are creating a low wage economy and trying to prevent people coming in to fulfil those low paid jobs.

Madness.

Posh boy cruelty is the only purpose

When I first heard about this, I asked my girlfriend if she’d heard it and was it a spoof?
Now obviously the thinking is, it’s a deterrent. There is a possible defence if it works but when I last paid attention it only affects about 5% of those crossing the Chanel. So it won’t work.
We will see and we will see very soon because it is the only thing in the Conservatives bag so the first flights will happen soon and the weather is improving.
My guess is the first flights go out in early July (much back slapping and well done old chap) and record amount of people arrive in July/ August.
The thing is they are so stupid they didn't even have the sense to get the first fights out in late December then they could have claimed a reduction. (actually due to weather)
I look forward to how they defend the flights when record numbers of migrants arrive in summer and especially as a deterrent works straight away.

its the final gasp of a dying government. Doomed to fail like the last 13 years,. Sunak is clinging to the hope that one flight will change hearts and minds., but in reality no one really believes it will work. The money would have been better spent in having a proper functioning UK border and immigration service that could process people in a humane and timely way.

You need to look on the bright side, the Tories are opening up opportunities for People Smuggling PLC to open up a new and exciting overseas base in a dynamic and safe environment (would suit an Arsenal supporter) .
I cannot see how this is going to achieve it's stated goal of a) Stopping the boats and b) deterring the people smugglers .

Much as I look forward, to this criminal act, bringing on the demise of the Tory party come the election.......
There's no real alternative (blimey, I sound like my dad) Corbyn should have bribed the papers.

:(

Ho ho, they have painted themselves into such a corner. I bet the first flight has about 12 people on it and a thousand people arrive the week after.

At least there is no debate about where the Tories stand. They choose this at a point when the NHS is in crisis, school roofs are falling in, our rivers are quite literally full of shit, our transport collapsing, cost of living spiralling and social care and homelessness a national embarrassment. Against this backdrop they choose to pay £billions of our money on their racism/fascism and attempt to recreate the Warsaw Ghetto in the beautiful sunshine of Rwanda at a cost of £1.8 million per person.

This is the reality I find myself living in. Seriously, WTAF? I do not understand this country.

PS The elephant in the room is, as ever, Brexit. We lost the ability to process refugees humanely as part of a multinational block at that point. All part of the same far-right ethnic nationalist trajectory and vacuous Trump/Farage/Johnson populism and extremism.

Just to show how caring these Tories are. The Chief Whip hosted a drinks party in Rishi's office from 21.30 for all members while the debate was going on.

Any Tory who can actually think will be hoping that 'lefty lawyers' and 'do-gooders' will delay it until the election.

advertisement

Back