advertisement

Russ Andrews - Sawyers Disc Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taff63

pfm Member
Russ' website:

After extensive research into RFI by Dr Craig Sawyers, Ben Duncan and Russ himself, we have finally developed a completely new mains lead technology that even surpasses our current PowerKords™. So dramatic is the effect that we have christened it the SuperKord™ - fitted with SawyersDisc Technology™.

The new SuperKord™ has every single wire in the cable individually terminated using a series of perforated discs encapsulated in a wooden 'pod'. The effect of this on the sound is quite simply, outstanding. To quote Russ; "We initially tested the SuperKord™ design against a Silver PowerKord™ that’s fitted to my Meridian 808.2i CD player and there was a huge step up in performance: there was so much more expression in singers’ voices, less ‘glare’ and better dynamics. It was as if you’d taken a step closer to the performance".

All for £350!

Anybody got one of these things? Asking because RA is still selling even more expensive mains cables which are, according to the blurb above, now rendered totally obsolete by the cables with 'SawyersDisc Technology':(.

So now cutting a 3-core cable in two places and inserting two pairs of wood-shrouded connectors that otherwise wouldn't be there is better at transferring mains power (and hence necessarily directly causing orders of magnitude improvements in sound) than an unadulterated piece of wire. I'm sure they'll flog loads of them.

So is this the RA revelation that putting ferrite sleeves on the end of a cable helps suppress RFI?

Next month he discovers electrickery....(the month after it's the tellingbone)

no no - youve got to weave some ****y wire in too for it to work.

i hate this sort of thing in hifi - gives good engineering a bad name

i know where his factory is as i live within 15 miles of andrews towers. Does anyone want to help me put and end to all this nonsense!

(Only joking, but I really do wonder.) I do actually believe in some of the stuff, but recently I have been cured. last thing I got was a set of bnc adapters.

I had 3 of his classic power cords for a year or so and you could not hear a difference between them and a stock power cord.
Total waste of cash.
Stuck them on ebay and passed them on............................rubbish.:mad:

I see he is charging £120 to retro fit your existing interconnect with mini ferrite's he calls then minizaps............he has seriously lost the plot.

It's all claptrap, he's a very very good marketeer.....and probably having a very good laugh about it all too.

Zapperators? Coherence Technology? And this SawyersDisc nonsense is even more ludicrous. I have a Classic PowerKord feeding a MainsBlock, while it seems to be reasonable well made, it is grossly overpriced and hasn't made an ounce of difference to the sound.

Don't get sucked in to the marketing twaddle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back