advertisement

rush 2112

graystoke4

pfm Member
playing rush 2112 what an album a real game changer, not just that it sent rush to the ultra band status, but for prog to, after this everyone had to pick up their game, i was at the 2112 tour at de montfort hall leister england, £2.60 a ticket, so much dry ice, nearly all the gig, people were passing out all over the place , can still smell it now, memory's are such a great thing, still my faveorite band of all time,

Great band, Moving Pictures tour at Deeside Leisure centre was my first Rush gig, still got the tour program and it only seems like yesterday I was outside the venue after the coach trip with my first ever tour sweatshirt waiting to go inside to hear them play, happy days.

Big fan of Rush, particularly of their earlier stuff and always an excellent gig. The Prof in particular has the knack of making the most complicated patterns seem effortless.

Saw them a few times back in the day. 2112 is my favourite from them followed closely by Moving Pictures, brilliant band.

Became a big fan in the 70s and first saw them live at a small university venue with Max Webster as the supporting act. I occasionally still listen to MW but rarely Rush. If I'm honest, I think Lee's vocal register wore me out by Signals.

Still, you sell 40 million records worldwide you're doing something right.

I love Rush. Seen them 9 times wish they would carry on as a band. Real shame.
My favourites are... Permanent waves, Power Windows and Signals. Despite what most people think I love 80s Rush so inventive. Lifesons guitar playing was at its best on Signals, Grace under pressure, Power Windows and Hold your fire(All the keyboard heavy albums) Not many bands have such a talented line-up.

A truly great band who always seemed to be able to ride the waves of the musical eras that surrounded them, whilst being at the same time inimitable and innovative.

Geddy's voice divides people, but for me he crystallised the Rush approach. Do what you do and be yourself no matter what. Excellent musicianship and great songs.
Even many ofthe lesser-known ones are gems. "Nobody's Hero" comes to mind.

I was at deeside too for moving pictures tour and exit stage left tour ,thanks brought back some happy memories.

I bought 2112 and Farewell to Kings from Skeleton Records Birkenhead the Saturday after my first gig, Rush on the hemispheres tour (supported by Max Webster). I saw them at Deeside Leesure ( that's how Geddy Lee pronounce it anyway) not sure what your that was, all my gig programs have gone missing somehow.

advertisement

Back