advertisement

Rumours - Fleetwood Mac

Yes...but I think people people are beginning to re-evaluate late Fleetwood Mac in much the same way as they're beginning to appreciate ABBA.

Anyhow, the answer to the original question is, Christine.

Here! Here! Listening to 'Rumours' now on a nice pressing makes you realise why this is such a great Album.... l would go for Christine as well.:)

Great album but I tend to listen to the live The Dance more often. Brilliant version of Rhiannon, amongst others.
Vocally I like C and S equally and never thought that any of their songs should have chosen "the other" singer.

There's a great documentary on this album ( BBC maybe?). The relationship breakups caused the genius lyrics. The stories behind the songs and their heartfelt performances actually enhance their enjoyment.

Both equally I think one compliments the other , Nick's has the more unique vocal but on her own can be a little fatiguing .
There previous album named just FLEETWOOD MAC is equally as good an album but most seem to jump strait to rumours and to their loss.
I saw them live in Leeds doing the Rumours in its intirety, it was a great concert. I have also seen a cover band called Rumours of Fleetwood Mac
who although i'm not the biggest fan of cover bands I can completely recommend the 2 female vocalists in the band did a very good job , the male singer though
put in a great performance but sounded nothing like Lyndsey Buckingham .
Avoid the Buckingham / McVee album though it is to be polite PANTS .

Gave a teenager free choice of the hifi the other day, was very surprised to see him head straight for this - followed by Earth Wind and Fire! Agree, still a classic which I can play from start to finish.

When Rumours was first issued I hated it , I guess my musical tastes were a bit one dimensional in those days.In recent years I have grown to appreciate it along with some other classic albums.SQ makes my teeth hurt though.

advertisement

Back