advertisement

[FS] Ruark Crusader 2 Speakers in fantastic condition

mfin

pfm Member
Selling my Ruark Crusader 2 loudspeakers which are in fantastic condition for their age. They haven't been knocked around by hoovers or anything like that.

£750 - incredible speakers for the money really, and have the famed dynaudio midrange driver as also used for a long time by ATC.

The Crusader 2s were the best version, as when the 3's came out they changed to a ribbon tweeter and were never as good.

They are not incredibly demanding but they can take advantage of high end amplifiers and sources. I don't think you could find better speakers for the money!?

Amazing sounding speakers, unfortunately I am selling all of my hifi and these are one of the last things I am selling (note I have also listed some amazing Missing Link Slingshot Dual Helix speaker cable, and a Roon Rock NUC server).

I don't have the boxes for the speakers, and they are collection only. I am in Herefordshire (note, that is NOT Hertfordshire), and within easy distance of Midlands, south Wales, west London.

Happy to talk Hifi.

IMG-5232.jpg

IMG-5231.jpg

IMG-5234.jpg

IMG-5233.jpg

Wow,these are very handsome speakers and that midrange woofer only adds to their looks.
Forty odd years ago I bought my first hifi system and though I didn't buy Ruarks I recall the shop manager at Martin's hifi in Norwich telling me to not underestimate Ruark speakers as many other buyers do as they make fine loudspeakers.

I'm happy to have owned several pairs of Crusaders over the years. In my view they are amongst the most successful speakers ever made, regardless of brand.

The only reason I sold my last pair is that I had previously bought a pair of the bigger and even more rare Ruark Solstice.

GLWTS.

Skyebridge

^^^^^
It certainly was!

I used to be all over that general area, Brum, Merthyr Tydfil, Bristol, Chester etc.

I'd have gladly relieved you of them if I was still there....

GLWTS

Great speakers. Had a pair on loan from my Bro.
They were bi-amped and tri-wired with a pair of NAP 160 ....sounded awesome

They've been a continuous thing for me, over three different amplification setups. Crusader 2s are superb speaker, the drivers are fantastic, and of course the midrange dynaudio driver in them is superb driver. As I mentioned it was also used by ATC.

I'm sadly selling all my hifi, and they will be one of the last things to go (I have some superb Missing Link Slingshot Dual Helix speaker cable for sale too)

Bump for the weekend.

(Also have a load of Chord Carnival Speaker Cable to sell, so I will be listing that soon, and a couple more mains cables).

advertisement

Back