advertisement

RTA Procedure?

Well, at least you've moved on from a wire brush and some Dettol.

Useful opportunity to get to know your district nurse, Tony, at your age it can't be too long before they are regular visitors. ;)

I'm only 53! I plan to live another hundred years.

Jeez just think of the number of drugs you'll need to stave off the pain for most of that time :)

Glad you got taped up. We were joking last night that, IME, the NHS are generally useful these days for applying bandages and sticking needles in when needed. They seem to have problems with the rest a lot of the time - staff seem to be limited when it comes to "thinking time".

IME they even have problems with needles now but I blame the immigrant nurses coming in from Europe and look forward to improvements soon :)

If you can see your way forward Tony, I'd start looking at E Bikes as a way of getting around and not stressing the ankle too much to start with. Gradually rely on your body instead of the Bosch battery. Something to look forward to with your compensation perhaps?

I think I'll be back on a bike before being able to walk to any distance outside to be honest, it is just so much easier. I don't think there will be any issue pedalling, the problem will be taking the weight of the bike on my left foot, there is a good chance I'd just fall off sideways! It is all coming back together slowly though, I'm certainly hobbling around the house a lot easier today than I was earlier in the week (I could barely stand up until Tuesday!). I'm trying to do some gentle exercise now which seems to be helping, just walking around the room now and again seems to loosen things up. My main priority is not to get the wounds infected so I'm really hoping they will be drying out by Mon when the antibiotics run out. The problem with diabetes, even the mild type II I have, is things seem to take an age to heal.

I think I'll be back on a bike before being able to walk to any distance outside to be honest, it is just so much easier. I don't think there will be any issue pedalling, the problem will be taking the weight of the bike on my left foot, there is a good chance I'd just fall off sideways! It is all coming back together slowly though, I'm certainly hobbling around the house a lot easier today than I was earlier in the week (I could barely stand up until Tuesday!). I'm trying to do some gentle exercise now which seems to be helping, just walking around the room now and again seems to loosen things up. My main priority is not to get the wounds infected so I'm really hoping they will be drying out by Mon when the antibiotics run out. The problem with diabetes, even the mild type II I have, is things seem to take an age to heal.
Back on a bike, eh? Thought about these?...

adult-bike-bicycle-with-stabilizer-stabiliser-ejn9fc.jpg

;)

Maybe you have insurance and cover for legal expenses on you house insurance. Mine covers bikes and their use outside my house together with legal cover

Tony L, sorry about your accident.

Haven't read through everyones posts but a comment I would echo, is to not rely on your insurance company to get their appointed fee-less lawyers to act for you later on.

That could well be very disappointing, in my opinion, based on own experience ( which I don't know is representative mind ). Slow, fee-less yes, but ineffective and most likely far less net money anyway.

So yes, I'd get your own lawyer, pay the fee off your compensation, benefit from a proper job being done.

This may sound a bit fickle but still probably of truthful value. I used to listen selectively to Talk Radio when it was good and there was a characterful lawyer who used to come on give advice. He talked about the worth of getting a traditional style lawyer involved from the outset, rather than a no win no fee or insurance appointed lawyer. He would say that of course, but, I agree.

Get the physio set up as soon as you can...ultra-sound can be very effective in dealing with deep tissue injuries and swelling.

Wishing you a swift recovery.

Jo

Just caught up with this thread.
Best wishes Tony for a full recovery.
The only advice I have is steer clear of tramadol.
Nasty, addictive stuff.

Naa, that's just old age.

yes they take longer due to the reduced circulation and increased sugar levels can affect healing but with care it will all be fine
with the magnificent armory of dressings available today there is a much improved chance of healing

Hi, Tony, glad you're ok. I'm back home on Monday. If there's anything I can do to help give us a shout. Sounds like it could have been a lot lot worse, not that that's any consolation.

advertisement

Back