advertisement

RSD 2024

Anyone has managed to buy D.Sylvian/Nine Horses "Snow Borne Sorrow" ?
I really want to buy this record but available only on EBay at quite high margin prices , I wonder what's your experience as Discogs reviews are bit split between "really good" and "I'm returning it" ?

This is the one that ended up on the CD mix of the album (which was released a fair bit after the vinyl) and has the extended instrumental bit at the end. IIRC 10.05 is an early fade and it is about 10:40 in total, but it is fundamentally the same mix. I’ve got the Japanese 12” of this one, never found a UK one though it certainly exists.
Mine is a UK one, bought when it was released, but I don't remember now how I knew it was different to the shorter version.... I suspect Piccadilly Records in Manchester found it and told me as I used to buy lots of vinyl off them back then and they knew I was a ZTT fan.

Anyone managed to buy anything recently pressed in the Czech Republic that didn't need replacing more than twice before you gave up?

T Shirt got.

RSD. My Arres.

Anyone managed to buy anything recently pressed in the Czech Republic that didn't need replacing more than twice before you gave up?

I know I’m preempting fate, especially as I’ve got stuff (not RSD, though likely Czech) landing tomorrow, but I’ve not had anything bad for a long while. My main irritation at present is creased or split printed inners. Whoever is loading them at the factory needs reprogramming.

PS I wet-clean new vinyl prior to first play and I’m convinced that makes a big difference. It saves the dust and crap from that dusty factory or paper inners getting welded into the groove.

Yeah. I wet clean all mine too (Moth) but there's not much you can do with something that's so warped or off centre it's just dangerous to play.

Only wanted one RSD release (Handsworth Revolution) and as I happened to be in town on Saturday, I called in to the new Rough Trade in Liverpool. Managed to get the last copy (or at least the last copy on the shelf). The store looks great but it was heaving so I didn't linger. There looks to be a coffee shop inside and there's going to be a venue upstairs for gigs etc.

advertisement

Back