advertisement

RSD 2019

matt j

pfm Member
Anyone have their eye on anything? I've not got involved before but I fancy a few this year so I'm wondering what the deal is, do you really need to camp out all night?

Were any of them low'ish runs? Most of the ones I have my eye on are saying 500 copies.

I’ve just checked, the limited runs I got - Bill Evans and Grant Green - were 3-5 thousand. I had to buy one of the Grant Green’s mail order.

Cheers. I may just get up early and make my way into town and join the queue if it's not too extreme.

These days a lot are not limited in any real sense. I got absolutely everything I fancied last year (Bowie, GoGo Penguin & Durruti Column) from Piccadilly on the following Wednesday!

PS I’ll be having a copy of the Bill Evans if it is still around, but I’m not queuing!

I'll go on the day to get a copy of The Fall's Imperial Wax Solvent as copies are over £200 on Discogs now, but otherwise I'm not bothered :)

I’ll be picking up the Dylan Blood on the Tracks Test Pressing & Pink Floyd Saucerful Mono. Fancy the 10” Robert Johnson 78rpm even though I won’t be able to play it!

I’ll be picking up the Dylan Blood on the Tracks Test Pressing & Pink Floyd Saucerful Mono. Fancy the 10” Robert Johnson 78rpm even though I won’t be able to play it!

Assuming it has the RIAA curve applied you could play it at 33 or 45 and speed the recording up to 78 in software. Not the same I know.

Wouldn’t mind the acoustic Graham Parker and Prefab Sprout albums...Bill Evans and the live Ramones double too.

Trout Mask Replica reissue and the Moffatt/Hubbert live album pour moi, possibly a few more, haven't had an in depth look yet...

Hopefully a more user friendly list in the link below:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/record-store-day-2019-releases-full-list-vinyl-2455143

Hoping that vinyl Santa will bring me:

Aidan Moffatt
This is the Kit
Tindersticks
Propaganda (4 lps!!may cost a small fortune)

Cheers

Tony

I downloaded the spreadsheet because it's got quantities and pricing.

The ones I have my eye on are

808 State boxset
Charlatans boxset
Olafur Arnalds
Otis Redding

There's plenty more I wouldn't mind but it soon gets too spendy.

I’ll try for the Evans, Kirchin, Dylan and maybe the Propaganda box depending on price.

Got me list, not sure I will get them all as will not make a special effort on the day.

Nasrat Fateh Khan/Brooks - Night song 12"
M - Pop Music 12"
Otis Redding and Booker T - Live (may ask to hear this as I do not remember any Atlantic/Stax/Tamla sounding anything other than shite)
Roxy Music - Debut mixes 2 x 12"
Wendy Carlos - Kubrick 7"
Zero 7 - rre-mixes 7"

The only one I really, really want is Kubrick.

Bloss

advertisement

Back