advertisement

Rotel RA-870 integrated

quietmole

Wholly member
Bought from this parish to tide me over while I was dithering about getting my NAP 160 serviced, which I finally did (thanks JJ) this Xmas, so the 870 is now surplus to requirements. It's a powerful beast and did a sterling job while I had it plumbed in. Slight transformer hum, but only up close and not audible at the speaker output. Otherwise very good for its age. I have it up on the bay for £160 but would sell on here for what I paid (which, IIRC, was £100) plus postage (buyer choice, but it weighs in at about 10kg, so that is a consideration).

Ebay link here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/33527899...pid=5338728743&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I bid 99p on eBay assuming you had reserve as it keeps the BIN price live :/ it seems to be live and NR auction I am sure you'll get some interest... Good luck with the auction.

Can you have two turntables plugged in at the same time? it has two phono mm and mc as that is a unique selling point for two phono stage inputs.

Rotels are underrated.. I have a non standard mint RA820AX in my office but it is modified by AngelP.

Hi John,

No reserve, so if you get it for 99p I shall be well cheesed off, and you'll live up to your Ebay handle!

I think you're right about Rotels being underrated, I have been through quite a few over the years and they always seem to be well engineered, solid and very capable - as well as being good value.

Regarding the 2 turntables question I can't be definite, as I never tried it, but so long as you are running a MM and a MC I can't see why that shouldn't work? With separate physical phono inputs and a selector switch on the front I assume there are 2 discrete phono circuits, so it should be no problem. Doubtless someone more knowledgeable on the Fish will confirm or deny!

Cheers

Geoff

Well, I have two turntables, one with an MC and one with an MM, so I couldn't help but put in a cheeky bid....
Well you could always short cut to a quick sale on here... could be with you at the weekend ;)

I should add that I only used it on MM, so I can't compare the relative signal strength output of the 2 phono circuits.

advertisement

Back