advertisement

Rondo Bronze querie

Progmeister

The Progmeister
I was given a box of odds and ends a few years ago by an old friend. He told me that somewhere among the debris there was an Ortofon cartridge without a tip. He advised me that it may be ok as part of their trade in scheme. I decided to have a rummage this evening and found the blighter. It is an Ortofon Rondo Bronze. It still has a cantilever though as my old friend advised no tip. I am not in the position to trade it in for an expensive Ortofon MC though i am left wondering if it would be worth sending to the ESC and having one of their Paratracer styli fitted. What's the view here?

A 'querie' sounds peculiar :) If you are considering using it as a main cart. then it might be worthwhile phoning to ask, as the waiting times are, or at least were, legendary. There are other tip replacement people, one of the most recommended of which is Goldring. It' still has value as a trade-in (25% of purchase value), and with ESCo, I believe they'll consider t/i for, e.g., Benz as well. Can also be advertised as t/i value, of course; my frind bought a very cheap knackered Lyra and got £750 off his Tital i.

Paratrace tips have been known to have a somewhat challenged longevity and to need careful handling but this is received wisdom.

Well i've got a retipped ortofon from ESC and it works very well, so i'd certainly give them a ring to see what they can do.

advertisement

Back