advertisement

Ron Aspery

Fretless Eric

Musketeer Bathos
I’ve just received my copy of the “Musician” [the journal of the Musicians’ Union] only to see an obituary for Ron Aspery, he the sax player of the wonderful and inspiring “Back Door”. I’m really sorry to hear this.

http://www.blakeymusic.com/reviewRonAspery.htm

I must now get round to ordering their last CD released at the back end of last year, I meant to at the time but bought the BBC sessions CD “Human Bed” instead.

Anyway, if you haven’t heard them do check out their first [self-titled] album which has been on my desert island list ever since I saw the vinyl second-hand all those many years ago when I was a wee lad.

Great story of the conga on new year's eve...

Hi
I was a great lover of back door and have seen Colin Hodgekinson with Jan Hammer and also with Alexis Korner,I also saw Colin and ex back door drummer Tony Hicks at a jazz workshop but never saw the band in full much to my dismay.
This obviously will never now be possible due to the death of the great Ron Aspery.
I read the reports with much sadness at such a great loss and my sincerest condolences go to his wife and daughter.
Regards
Jim

advertisement

Back