advertisement

ROKSAN power amps

hans 67

pfm Member
What do you think about the power amps of ROKSAN?

I have heard them a few times in an all ROKSAN system. Long ago and on some shows, not good enough to have a good idea, but definitely not bad.

I am thinking about one of the new amps, the Kandy K2 or the Caspian M series -1 stereo. I have a Rega DAC, that I like very much. I don't need much power. My preamp is more than decent enough. I like Naim power amps (but not the cabling issues). From what I read here, Avondale can be also interesting for me (but this thread is about ROKSAN).

Hans

And what cable issues are those?

Yes they use DIN but it's hardly a problem with many options from the likes of Chord and Flashback.

In fact all one needs to do is give Flashback a call and tell them what you need ie. RCA to Din and it's on your door step next day for less than £30.

They need 3.5M speaker cable runs, not too tricky, don't let the tail wag the dog here. ;)

IMO Naim will eat the Roksan amps alive.

I auditioned the naim XS and Caspian M2. IMO, the Caspian M2 sounds more spacious, has better detail and staging accuracy.

Even the Kandy stuff is good - I once heard my TMS plugged into a Kandy integrated at the Roksan dem room when they serviced the TT, and it sounded pretty damned good.

Naim is a lot more expensive - and yes I am a Naim owner.

mat

If you like Naims then you will like the Roksans, they have a lot of Naims characteristics at a fraction of the price.

As asked above, whats the problem with Naim cabling, its pretty simple?

the kandy's are very good regular no frills amps the caspians are much better and the new ones especially so.

very well designed and built amps for the money.

advertisement

Back