advertisement

Rogers LS1 speakers.

Martyn Miles

pfm Member
I’m interested in a pair of these for occasional use, but wondered about which model.
The early ones appear to have a polypropylene bass/mid. & wood veneered cabinets, with rear
reflex ports.

The later ones are black ash, with what looks like coated paper bass/mids. and front ports.
I prefer the look of the earlier models, but the later ones are quite acceptable.

Do any PFM members have experience of these speakers ?

I owned a set that I bought in 1984, mine had the white polypropylene bass units. I thought they were pretty good at the time - much better than the Mordaunt Short MS10s that they replaced. Eventually I replaced them with Royd Sapphires - which were quite a bit better.
When they were new I'd say they were at a level just above the cheapest "real" hi-fi speakers (AR18s etc).

The Rogers LS1 orig MK1 polypropylene bass/mid Rear ported. Are real sleepers they have exactly the same drivers as the slightly cabinets larger front centre ported LS2,

Very detailed not at all bright, but able to capture the detail on drums/cymbals and vocals, bass is not huge but imo fine.

The LS1 Mk2 have Audax paper drivers also very detailed, slightly less bass top marginally brighter also v good, but overall prefer the MK1

They also look fabulous.

advertisement

Back