Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Rogers LS1 speakers.

Discussion in 'classic' started by Martyn Miles, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

I’m interested in a pair of these for occasional use, but wondered about which model.
    The early ones appear to have a polypropylene bass/mid. & wood veneered cabinets, with rear
    reflex ports.

The later ones are black ash, with what looks like coated paper bass/mids. and front ports.
    I prefer the look of the earlier models, but the later ones are quite acceptable.

Do any PFM members have experience of these speakers ?

2. Werner

Werner pfm Member

I happen to have the older ones, but I haven't heard them in well over 10 years, and they are presently in a system and room not conducive to critical listening.

They figured in a review I did ages ago, maybe this is of some use:

https://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/bw302e.html

3. Konteebos

Konteebos Traitor Re-joiner

I owned a set that I bought in 1984, mine had the white polypropylene bass units. I thought they were pretty good at the time - much better than the Mordaunt Short MS10s that they replaced. Eventually I replaced them with Royd Sapphires - which were quite a bit better.
    When they were new I'd say they were at a level just above the cheapest "real" hi-fi speakers (AR18s etc).