advertisement

Roger Waters Says Comparisons Between Israel And The Nazis Are Crushingly Obvious ...

I would add the very small attempt that Kaufman makes to compare the current Israeli admin with the Nazis is the only point I disagree with in his speech.

You can read Roger Water's in today's Observer

In the article Waters says about the criticism that has been leveled at him:

"I have nothing against Jews or Israelis, and I am not antisemitic. I deplore the policies of the Israeli government in the occupied territories and Gaza. They are immoral, inhuman and illegal. I will continue my non-violent protests as long as the government of Israel continues with these policies.

"If Rabbi Boteach can make a case for the Israel government's policies, I look forward to hearing it. It is difficult to make arguments to defend the Israeli government's policies, so would-be defenders often use a diversionary tactic, they routinely drag the critic into a public arena and accuse them of being an antisemite."

Jack

Waters is a dick for having decided to compare the Israelis with the Nazis - guaranteed to be misconstrued. Why did he not just say the the current Israeli administration is behaving (towards the Palestinians) in a way which should be challenged and condemned?? Mentioning the Nazis in this context is stupid.

Do any of these old rockers, or any of you lot for that matter, really have a clue what is going on in these countries? I suspect not.

Blimey, that's even more mental than Roger Waters.

Good to see you back Steve, hope you are well.

PS I've always maintained that Syd was better.

mon cherie greg

i will take my lead from the august speaker Kaufman himself

rather than the frightened nebbishers here

as youd expect.
Im happyto play my part making it clear that
Callng the mad****wit zionists 'nazis' is quite mainstream

even amongst non sabbatean Jews.

but lets not go there tonite.. cliff - i hope u agree a picture is worth a 1000 words. i saw this and thought of u

_46061574_007651442-1.jpg

so kids if u see one its there to protect you and its only targeted at combatants - if not being used as a smokescreen - now u know. some twerp will come along and say the state of israel has now renounced the use of phosphorous

on civilians

apparently burning people alive reminded peopl e here and there of nazis burning jews

etc

hard to imagine

Did I ever really go away?

I won't post very often here. Guess I'm moving in different internet circles now. Merry Christmas to you and all!

Regards

What Israel does to Palestine is well documented .

Waters takes a view on it .

Ive yet to read a response here or anywhere , that would undermine Waters's view . Even if his view is emotively expressed as always .

You gotta be crazy, you gotta have a real need.
You gotta sleep on your toes, and when you're on the street,
You gotta be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed.
And then moving in silently, down wind and out of sight,
You gotta strike when the moment is right without thinking.

And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.

We await Waters' next amazing parallel: USA and North Korea, or the UK and the Central African Republic, maybe. Waters is like some mouthy fifth-former who never really got beyond the level of the school debating society.

advertisement

Back