advertisement

[FS] Rockport Syzygy

candleman

pfm Member
Coming very soon , the last piece of my high end kit, excellent condition, pictures to follow soon, I’ve sold off a my kit but couldn’t let go of these until now , I’ll console myself with the Rev 1s, gloss black 90kg each more info and pictures to follow tomorrow
£3600 Ono

Hi all I’ve had an afternoon of utter frustration trying to load pics, please PM and I’ll send some , these are in brilliant nick and obviously sound sublime, come round and listen !

Thank you Amber Audio for posting the photos, in case you are wondering the second photo is mainly the reflection off the speaker, the gloss black finish is virtually flawless

The Syzygy was a passive three-way utilizing Eton bass and midrange drivers, and the venerable Dynaudio D260 tweeter. Like the Procyon, its enclosure was a glass fiber/epoxy composite sandwich construction, and featured large chamfers and varying baffle dimensions to minimize diffraction issues

I was selling Rockport Loudspeakers for years the Syzygy is a timeless design today they would be seriously expensive to build I would recommend anyone to give them a serious listen as they provide a very natural presentation and were handbuilt by genius Andy Payor himself. I understand not many will know the Syzergy Procyon and Hyperion no doubt they all feature cost no object Payor thinking whoever purchases them will certainly not regret it.

I went down the Rockport technologies rabbit hole last night after seeing these. Absolutely stunning glwts.

Apologies for being off topic for the sale of these, but I did hear a pair of their newer Altairs whilst in the US a few years ago. Possibly the best speakers I’ve ever heard. Definitely a brand that’s on my shortlist if a lottery win happens.

Looking at the pictures again , it appears from the photos that there may be worn paint or other defects , appears is the word , the high gloss finish is excellent to near mint and these “defects “ are reflections

advertisement

Back