advertisement

Robot vacuum

Bas V

pfm Member
We have a dog for over a year now. There's hairs everywhere, yeck. So I was thinking, maybe I should get a robot vacuum cleaner for the nights. We have a wooden floor, so no wet cleaning. Does anybody over here have any positive or negative experiences with robot vacuum cleaners? There's so many brands and models out there that I just don't know where to begin...

PS No, I'm not ditching the dog ;)

About 5 years ago a client insisted we use commercial robot vacuum cleaners (from the client's friend) at their premises, we had 6 of them, which we set off on arrival in the morning. They were programmed to cover certain areas, they did that really well, although occassionally they got trapped in corners. They just didn't clean well. No where near as good as a cleaner and a Henry. This was on carpet.

Things may well have moved on now. Which or Good Housekeeping have probably reviewd the latest.

Cheers BB

We have two cats a cat that is an indiscriminate puker. RIP Missy-doo.

No robot vacuum for us.

we have one and it works really well although we have wooden floors. There are limitations of access into corners and getting under some furniture. My daughter has a golden retriever and her robot vac works well. They are quite noisy though. You need to pay good money for a good one, we have an irobot and my daughter has the same. To achieve best cleaning they need be used on a daily or several times a week program.

Madam wants a robot vacuum. From what I've seen they are expensive for what they do
Wider heads useful to vacuum faster
Use an air driven turbo on carpet
We found a brush head picks up more dog hair than we knew we had
s-l500.webp

Is the dog likely to be stressed by this thing moving around while owners are abed? Or maybe overexcited by this new toy?

We have 2 dogs (short hair) and a mix of hard floor and carpet
We have one of these Robovacs from Eufy and it is superb and staggering how much it pickups up. Not sure if it still available, but there should be similar spec'd machines

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back